Accidental Unplug messages in FordPass

buddha34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium XR AWD
Country flag
Started getting multiple accidental unplug messages in FordPass every day, since roughly last Thursday or Friday - I had never had one before. They come when I am not charging, often shortly after parking at my destination. Nothing has changed about my charging situation (charging at home with the Ford mobile charger on 110v). Anyone else getting this?
Sponsored

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I started getting them last week when unplugging but not randomly without unplugging.

I’m pushing the button, waiting for the animation to stop then unplug. Never gotten them before last week. /shrug.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Started getting multiple accidental unplug messages in FordPass every day, since roughly last Thursday or Friday - I had never had one before. They come when I am not charging, often shortly after parking at my destination. Nothing has changed about my charging situation (charging at home with the Ford mobile charger on 110v). Anyone else getting this?
Usually when I see them, it's because I had it plugged in, and then unplugged. If you get this without having plugged in first, it is probably an error.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Accidental Unplug messages in FordPass Screenshot_20210919-221914_FordPass

If they're not helpful for you, you can turn off that notification.

OP
OP
buddha34

buddha34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium XR AWD
Country flag
Usually when I see them, it's because I had it plugged in, and then unplugged. If you get this without having plugged in first, it is probably an error.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Accidental Unplug messages in FordPass Screenshot_20210919-221914_FordPass

If they're not helpful for you, you can turn off that notification.
Thanks, that's a good idea for now. None of these alerts have been after an accidental unplug. Which has me wondering, how exactly is it detecting that an unplug is accidental? If I unplug and then immediately drive away, seems fairly "on purpose."

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Thanks, that's a good idea for now. None of these alerts have been after an accidental unplug. Which has me wondering, how exactly is it detecting that an unplug is accidental? If I unplug and then immediately drive away, seems fairly "on purpose."
I suppose it's a kinder way of saying "Karen unplugged your car". But yes I agree that's weird. The way I've seen it work in the past is when I'm at a saved charging location if I plug it in and then later unplug it... After sitting for about 15 or 20 minutes then it will send me the warning about the "accidental/Karen" unplug

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have never had mine report anything other than accidental unplug when I actually unplug, after pressing the button and waiting. But, it always does this.

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Jumping on this thread with a “me too.” They should just change the message to “unplug” and forget the “accidental” part. I’m using level 1 right now. Push the button (even though it’s probably not necessary), waiting 1-2 seconds, then unplugging. I get this message 90% off the time either right away or within 15 minutes.
Sponsored