Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Almost looks like a BMW M series with those stripes. I like it.
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
cool!

I went with 'high voltage' to match what I put on my eMiata..... ;)
cost $11 on Etsy for pretty nice vinyl stickers... all kinds of choices and colors

from a distance, it's almost like a Ferrari badge..... but I chose it to flaunt the EV-ness.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Added Fender Stripes on my Mach-E 20210319_185639

BFaulkner

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME, 2019 Audi A5, 2013 BMW 550i
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
Why did you go with the ceramic coating? Just curious as to what that coating does for a car. Also, how much did the ceramic coating set you back if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
MrRossKeys

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Why did you go with the ceramic coating? Just curious as to what that coating does for a car. Also, how much did the ceramic coating set you back if you don't mind me asking?
The ceramic coating's purpose is to protect the paint from water spots, dirt, and other stains so that washing the car easily restores the look of the car to shiny, new, and clear. The substance binds to the paint to create a slippery protective layer that shields against contaminants binding to the paint. Things like water and dirt will then sit on top of the surface which makes it super easy to wipe/wash off. More coats of ceramic coating also typically means more "pop" of the car's color.

For example, there was a lot of rain here in California for a few weeks after I got the ceramic coating, and my car is always parked in a driveway or on the street (no garage space) and even with all the rain my car stayed looking new and clean the entire time without even washing it. Without the ceramic coat the car would have held onto water spots and dirt from the water.

The company that applied the ceramic coat offers a 5 year warranty for how long its effects should last before I need to reapply it. Ultimately I should have a nice new looking car for a while, which was the goal.

However, I've recently noticed small chips in the front of the car that I assume are from tiny rocks hitting the front while driving, and I'm starting to think I should have spent the money on a paint protection film instead!!

Anyways, the cost for them to do paint correction and two layers of ceramic coating was $999.

Months ago I purchased 3 bottles of a popular ceramic coating and totally intended to do the job myself, but it takes hours to apply, must be left to cure for 24-48 hours, and needs a garage or covered space as to not get anything on the car while curing. I don't have a space to do work so I decided to let the pros do it. The 3 bottles only cost me $129 so I imagine that the majority of the $999 cost was labor and overhead. I'd totally attempt to reapply the ceramic coat in 5 years if I have the space to do it.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored