First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
How did you remove the car contacts?
When you phone is connected to blue tooth, go to your phone, then settings, then manage contacts. I believe that was right. Just going from memory.
Sponsored

Brussam

First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dmbruss.com
Vehicles
Racing Red 2RWD Extended
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I checked my android phone and there is no option to mass delete contacts, either in the car nor the phone.

I do believe that a purge of the car contacts would go farther is this issue.

Correction, I see where I can delete all the phone contacts but not the car contacts specifically/

Last edited:

Brussam

First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dmbruss.com
Vehicles
Racing Red 2RWD Extended
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got a photo into my car profile and it only took a sledgehammer.

I sync my contacts with Google. I also sync my Outlook contacts with Google. I currently have 1141 contacts.

1. I saved off the contacts in Outlook for safety.
  2. I went into my phone and turned off contacts sync.
  3. I went into the Contacts app and deleted all the contacts.
  4. I disconnected the phone from the car.
  5. I reconnected the phone from the car.
  6. Not all of the contacts went away from the car but most of them did especially mine.
  7. I created a contact for me with a photo.
  8. I went into the Car settings and added the photo to my profile. and it worked.
  9. The rest of the job was turning on contacts sync in the phone which deleted all the contacts from Google.
  10. Then I had to restore all my contacts to Google which also returned them to the phone.
Now since I just grabbed any photo for my new account, I have to go back and get the right photo and do it again. But at least I have a procedure.

After I did this, I again got the message about no contact. So I will have to nuke the xontacts to changed the photo.

Last edited:

Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I checked my android phone and there is no option to mass delete contacts, either in the car nor the phone.

I do believe that a purge of the car contacts would go farther is this issue.

Correction, I see where I can delete all the phone contacts but not the car contacts specifically/
I only deleted my duplicate contact for myself from my phone. Then from the cars phone settings I removed contacts from the car and then re downloaded them back to the car.
Looks like you got it figured out!

OP
OP
jdmrc93

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
So I figured out the contact photo issue in iOS being available in profiles. I could never get it to show up. After fiddling with it for a MONTH, I got it to work.

Here was the fix:

Delete ANY and ALL contacts that contain your phone number, email, and name, ANY association in your contacts.... that includes contacts synced with 3rd parties (like Google or Yahoo). Mine had a Google duplicate, see below. Take screenshots of the card prior to deletion so you can re-enter it later.

Your “contact card” should be completely blank and disassociated (you may have to do this manually in your contact settings).

On your Mach-E, go to phone settings and force delete all contacts.

Then, create a new contact that matches your FordPass app exactly (my profile name is Joe, but my account in FordPass is Joseph DiMarco, NO MIDDLE NAME... in my case...). It should only contain your cell phone number (exactly as shown in the FordPass app, no +1 for me), and your email that you registered your FordPass app with. Set a profile photo too, whatever you want to show up in your Sync4a Profile. Put NO other information in yet. Then, on your iPhone, go into Settings -> Contacts -> My Info, and reassociate it with the contact you created.

Reconnect your phone via Bluetooth (NOT CarPlay) and force sync your contacts. Go back into your profile settings in Sync4a and should automatically populate.

9619D6B8-9DBB-489D-972C-4B37CA81A62E.jpeg

A5601924-462B-4E97-8591-5B3A2B76899D.jpeg

6CC436A8-18C4-4F17-A0D3-318747816715.jpeg

Brussam

First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dmbruss.com
Vehicles
Racing Red 2RWD Extended
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Again I ask:
" On your Mach-E, go to phone settings and force delete all contacts. "

Where do you do that?

OP
OP
jdmrc93

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Again I ask:
" On your Mach-E, go to phone settings and force delete all contacts. "

Where do you do that?
Click the vehicle in the upper left hand corner and go to settings, not controls. On the left pane, scroll to Phone. Connect via Bluetooth (not CarPlay) and there may be a carrot key on the right hand side to expand the menu. You can manage it from there.

Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m glad this is starting to work out for people. But with this being such a pain, why couldn’t we just have a select picture for profile button on the app and be able to pick what ever you want... can’t be that hard can it?
It would be handy if you could use the app to edit all profile settings. I was thinking radio favourites would be handy to change from the phone

Brussam

First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dmbruss.com
Vehicles
Racing Red 2RWD Extended
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I found where you supposed tell the car to delete the contacts but it sure doesn't. I had cleared all the contacts in my phone and just created one for me. The car phone still had contacts and the or for me didn't have a photo.

I delete the car contacts, the phone contacts, recycled the phone and tried again. One time I could set the profile photo to what I wanted.

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I finally got my profile photo to load by 1) deleting other contacts in my phone with my phone # in it (I had 5 or 6 in my phone somehow), and 2) deleting my phone’s contacts from my car and then reinstalling them, and then 3) adding my profile photo in the settings. The whole process took about 5 minutes.

Rob FFE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select, 2017 FFE, 2013 Cmax, 1996 Ranger
Occupation
Electrical Engineer (retired)
Country flag
I hope this may be helpful to Android users. I'm using Android 8 and I finally got the photo of my choice into the car.

I hadn't been aware of this, but my phone's contact list has an entry entitled "me". On my phone, an Android 8, this is located at the top of the list of contacts in my contact list. I edited this to be exactly the same as my Fordpass account - same first and last names, mobile phone number, email address and photograph that I wanted to use. I then removed all other contact list entries that contained my name or mobile number. This was all done on the phone up to this point.

I then removed the contact list that was in the car, so that the car had no phone contacts. Next I uploaded my current contact list (containing the "me" entry that matches Fordpass) to the car. I then noticed that, for the first time, the car had the photo associated with my name in the contact list. Now the photo was also available as a choice for editing my profile in the car and I successfully chose it as my profile photo.

It seems that what made the above procedure successful was that I finally understood that the car is looking for the credentials contained in the "me" entry. I think its also necessary to have all other instances of your name, etc. removed from the contact list. If this was ever explained in any of the Ford "instructions" I never saw it.

ncmagus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Select, AWD
Country flag
Android here.
According to my test, the name in your profile must be the same as the name in your cellphone. So at first, i had created my mach e profil with only my first name, while the cellphone had first/last name. Activating bluetooth only and forcing a refresh of the contact was not working because the mach e was looking for a contact with only the first name. As soon i added both first and last name, i was able to add a picture.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Android here.
According to my test, the name in your profile must be the same as the name in your cellphone.
This does not seem to be the case with iOS. My profile is just my first name. I went into the contact in my iPhone, which is my first and last name, added a profile pic, and re-synced contacts to the MME. That’s all I did, and my profile pic popped up as an option in the MME. For iOS, I guess it’s matching the contact by phone number.

SOLIDAge

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Premium
Country flag
For some reason yesterday my car got rid of my profile picture and just replaced it with the first letter of my name. I tried to set it again and it just kept showing the first letter. I went into my contact on iOS (at the very top), hit edit on my photo(same phone but just hit edit) and went back to the car and it then showed up when I went to set the profile again. Hope this helps.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
I hope this may be helpful to Android users. I'm using Android 8 and I finally got the photo of my choice into the car.

I hadn't been aware of this, but my phone's contact list has an entry entitled "me". On my phone, an Android 8, this is located at the top of the list of contacts in my contact list. I edited this to be exactly the same as my Fordpass account - same first and last names, mobile phone number, email address and photograph that I wanted to use. I then removed all other contact list entries that contained my name or mobile number. This was all done on the phone up to this point.

I then removed the contact list that was in the car, so that the car had no phone contacts. Next I uploaded my current contact list (containing the "me" entry that matches Fordpass) to the car. I then noticed that, for the first time, the car had the photo associated with my name in the contact list. Now the photo was also available as a choice for editing my profile in the car and I successfully chose it as my profile photo.

It seems that what made the above procedure successful was that I finally understood that the car is looking for the credentials contained in the "me" entry. I think its also necessary to have all other instances of your name, etc. removed from the contact list. If this was ever explained in any of the Ford "instructions" I never saw it.
Hey thanks! Updating my own contact card did the trick; I didn't even need to delete contacts on the car.
Sponsored