Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
So I have been a reservation holder since 11/2019 on a GT. I plan on a GTPE. I have listed as my dealership autonation ford in margate, florida. I honestly have been lazy and haven’t spoken yet to anyone at the dealership. I just went to the configurator on the website and configured a GTPE as a new order choosing autonation ford as my dealership and the total price included a $5000 dealer add on to the price! Does anyone have any suggestions how to proceed? Should I call them and ask, or should I already start switching my reservation to another dealership?

As a corollary to that question, how do you go about switching your reservation?
Sponsored

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
So I have been a reservation holder since 11/2019 on a GT. I plan on a GTPE. I have listed as my dealership autonation ford in margate, florida. I honestly have been lazy and haven’t spoken yet to anyone at the dealership. I just went to the configurator on the website and configured a GTPE as a new order choosing autonation ford as my dealership and the total price included a $5000 dealer add on to the price! Does anyone have any suggestions how to proceed? Should I call them and ask, or should I already start switching my reservation to another dealership?

As a corollary to that question, how do you go about switching your reservation?
I don't know how to switch, but when you order the dealer price is shown. It's dishonest and not what Ford said would happen. Ford must know it's going on too.

Our favorite Watsonville dealership has that on the configurator as well. A $10K ADM for the privilege of visiting Watsonville when you could drive to other dealerships in the Bay Area, including the surrounding area, and save $10K.

Dealerships, always subtracting value, never adding any.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Call other dealers immediately that are within an area you're willing to travel to. Find one with no adm. Then call the Ford Mach-e desk and ask to change your reservation to that new dealer. You can and they will, it just takes about a week's time to make it happen is all before you can convert the order.

Good Luck.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Switch dealers immediately.

THXDIAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VOLVO XC90 T8, MUSTANG GT CONV
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
Switch dealers immediately.
My SE Mich dealer had no ADM on my configurator. Now the same dealer said we'll 'finalize' price tomorrow when they place the actual order. I'll be surprised if they drop an ADM on me!

OP
OP

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So for follow up, I called Autonation margate, the original dealership listed on my reservation. salesman confirmed they are adding $5000 to GT new orders/reservations, but he would check about prior reservation holders and call me back. In that time, I called Sawgrass Ford which is just as close to my home and after a brief hold, he confirmed no ADM to mache GT. After I requested he texted me confirmation of this fact. So I called ford and changed officially to the new dealership. He confirmed it could take 5 business days to show, but I could go to the dealership tomorrow and I could place my order through them.

So hope others learn from my experience. The number for Ford BTW is 800-392-3673

OP
OP

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So for follow up, I called Autonation margate, the original dealership listed on my reservation. salesman confirmed they are adding $5000 to GT new orders/reservations, but he would check about prior reservation holders and call me back. In that time, I called Sawgrass Ford which is just as close to my home and after a brief hold, he confirmed no ADM to mache GT. After I requested he texted me confirmation of this fact. So I called ford and changed officially to the new dealership. He confirmed it could take 5 business days to show, but I could go to the dealership tomorrow and I could place my order through them.

So hope others learn from my experience. The number for Ford BTW is 800-392-3673
Also, I called the new dealership and they want me to wait until the few days that it takes for the dealership change to go through before ordering. Claims the production time is by reservation time stamp not ordering time stamp.

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Email the dude from Ford about the Dealership charging ADM. While they cant make them change their mind on this, Ford can tell them it's their last Mach E.

Insane.

OP
OP

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Email the dude from Ford about the Dealership charging ADM. While they cant make them change their mind on this, Ford can tell them it's their last Mach E.

Insane.
Do you have his email address? Crazy that its so blatant on the ford website when you go to place an order that the ADM is right there. Tells me that Ford is aware of it cause it isnt standard price And they allow for changes by dealership add on on the website itself

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Also, I called the new dealership and they want me to wait until the few days that it takes for the dealership change to go through before ordering. Claims the production time is by reservation time stamp not ordering time stamp.
My understanding of the process is similar. Ford opened the ordering window up for the MME-GT today. Once the window closes, they will put the production into sequential order based on date of reservation. While mine won't be the last one to be made, I'm definitely not going to be near the front of the queue. I reserved mine after the beginning of the year.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Do you have his email address? Crazy that its so blatant on the ford website when you go to place an order that the ADM is right there. Tells me that Ford is aware of it cause it isnt standard price And they allow for changes by dealership add on on the website itself
Dealers are fully allowed to charge ADM like this. Just like you're allowed to shop around and buy from sellers you prefer.

That said, the markups in south Florida are really sad to see. Here is Mark Levine's preferred contact:

https://twitter.com/mrlevine?s=09

THXDIAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VOLVO XC90 T8, MUSTANG GT CONV
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
I don't know how to switch, but when you order the dealer price is shown. It's dishonest and not what Ford said would happen. Ford must know it's going on too.

Our favorite Watsonville dealership has that on the configurator as well. A $10K ADM for the privilege of visiting Watsonville when you could drive to other dealerships in the Bay Area, including the surrounding area, and save $10K.

Dealerships, always subtracting value, never adding any.
Just saw your Watsonville dealer website adding $10K ADM to one on the lot!
Ford Mustang Mach-E ADM for GT performance edition 1619602326160

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

Jim Guthry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Just to add my experience here - I have had a hard time getting my reservation dealer on the phone or email and others on here had bad experiences with their Premium Mach-e orders so I contacted another dealer in the area - they promptly responded, answered all my questions, accept x-plan and no ADM. I called Ford to switch the dealer on my reservation and they also said it could take up to a week and they'd email me back when it's done. She was adamant that I don't attempt to place an order in the meantime because it would make the process of switching the order complicated and possibly mess up my place in the queue (reserved 11/2019).

Still, I played around with the ordering form and discovered my new dealer is the only one in my area that has additional markup when building an order on the Ford website, yet the general manager is in the ADM thread stating they do not charge ADM - I texted the dealer to confirm they will not charge ADM on a reservation order and he confirmed via text.

So possibly take the Ford ordering website with a grain of salt. Confirm pricing with your dealer instead.

I believe this dealer does add markup to the units they order for their own lot, which I think is fair. But definitely not for reservations that don't sit on their lot.
Sponsored