After 21B36 update, Fordpass won't connect

raz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
My mach e just updated 21B36 last night then Fordpass won't connect it instantly. Try to master reset and delete/add VIN. It won't work. Connectivity function wasn't selectable. Anyone has same issues?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My mach e just updated 21B36 last night then Fordpass won't connect it instantly. Try to master reset and delete/add VIN. It won't work. Connectivity function wasn't selectable. Anyone has same issues?
I cringe when people do things like Master Reset and such. FordPass has server issues all the time. Master reset is pretty drastic.

Now that you've done it, I would delete FordPass from my phone, then reboot. Then add it back, then add the car, if you can.

OP
OP

raz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I cringe when people do things like Master Reset and such. FordPass has server issues all the time. Master reset is pretty drastic.

Now that you've done it, I would delete FordPass from my phone, then reboot. Then add it back, then add the car, if you can.
Thanks, I will try to delete Fordpass in a minute.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
"Fordpass won't connect it instantly" - What does this mean exactly? Like what are you trying to do?

OP
OP

raz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
"Fordpass won't connect it instantly" - What does this mean exactly? Like what are you trying to do?
I started teh car and click update now while charging the car. After 15 minutes, I opened Fordpass to check charging status but it won't update latest status. The connectivity is not "selectable" now.

CommittotheIndian

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E Select eAWD Star White
Occupation
Indiana Supreme Court - IT
Country flag

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I started teh car and click update now while charging the car. After 15 minutes, I opened Fordpass to check charging status but it won't update latest status. The connectivity is not "selectable" now.
This is likely a server issue. Make sure you have the latest app version installed but there's not much else you can do about it. Try again tomorrow, maybe they'll fix it by then.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks. I looked up your thread last month and it solved the issue. But it didn't work this time.
Sometimes it just takes a while for things to unscramble after an update.
It used to get me all worked up when things didn't work but now I just take a breath and wait a few days or maybe even a week or two and then things usually return to normal. There are only a hand full of defects that have remained longer than 2 weeks after broken by an update. (Front Camera Fault and Pre-Collision Assist, Lane Centering, etc) Everything else has resumed to normal programming after some time has passed.

Earlier this week the cross traffic alarm stopped working. The car actually activated the brakes on two separate occasions to avoid backing out into traffic. Apparently I had become accustomed to hearing that alarm instead of actually looking where I am going. Bad habit. I will need to improve my driving skills. At any rate, the alarm started working again after a couple of days.

Software glitches are very normal for this car so I would try to avoid drastic measures unless some time has passed and all else has failed. 👍

OP
OP

raz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Sometimes it just takes a while for things to unscramble after an update.
It used to get me all worked up when things didn't work but now I just take a breath and wait a few days or maybe even a week or two and then things usually return to normal. There are only a hand full of defects that have remained longer than 2 weeks after broken by an update. (Front Camera Fault and Pre-Collision Assist, Lane Centering, etc) Everything else has resumed to normal programming after some time has passed.

Earlier this week the cross traffic alarm stopped working. The car actually activated the brakes on two separate occasions to avoid backing out into traffic. Apparently I had become accustomed to hearing that alarm instead of actually looking where I am going. Bad habit. I will need to improve my driving skills. At any rate, the alarm started working again after a couple of days.

Software glitches are very normal for this car so I would try to avoid drastic measures unless some time has passed and all else has failed. 👍
I had zero issue beside Fordpass so far. Knock the wood.

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
Wow sounds like I'm having same issue as you. Not going to do master reset. Worked fine last night when I put it on the charger, no updates today using android, apple, or website itself to check car status

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Wow sounds like I'm having same issue as you. Not going to do master reset. Worked fine last night when I put it on the charger, no updates today using android, apple, or website itself to check car status
Server issue...

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Server issue...
It continues to amaze me how FordPass server issues continue. It's not rocket science. Doug Field has been there over a year. There are no more excuses.

Jtg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
Same here. Update presents to install and the install fails.

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
Looks like mine is back working. Just got a notification my charging session I did last night completed, I took it off the charger at 6am. Now it appears everything back to normal. Glad it was a server problem and not with my modem
Sponsored