Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Looking for a dash cam that works for front, rear and interior. Any suggestions. If not at least one that does front and back.
Again, if not already installed Garmin makes a Front/Inside dash cam then add a rear cam (Garmin 47 or Mini) that will wirelessly connect and you have all three views.
Sponsored

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
This past experience was with ICE cars?

Mostly, though my first MachE would go into deep sleep occasionally.

My Escape PHEV had lots of issues (ironically, when charging) going into deep sleep until I swapped to a larger battery.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I just wanta say that I have a BlackVue DR900X+ since I got my Mach-E, and I am about to sell it as fast as I can get it out of my car. Turns out, the BlackVue people just changed their iOS app drastically, making it into a spamware app that requires a cloud account, removes much of its utility functionality to just connect to your camera directly, and spams you all over the place to buy a premium cloud account. Think I'm kidding? read the reviews in the app store, where their app now has a 1.3 star rating.

Don't get a BlackVue -- they've ruined their product!

LM_COGT

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Vapor Blue Mach-E GT, 2019 CX-5, 2018 Leaf S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
Viofo A119 v3 up front with a Dongar adapter to power from the rear view cluster. Given that all the dashcams have pretty much the same mediocre video quality, my goal was just a cheap and unobtrusive insurance evidence collector, and not using a Li-ion battery that risks bursting and catching fire. The Viofo records to microSD when driving, has a watch battery to store settings and otherwise only powers from USB, and doesn't bother me otherwise.

Haven't decided on the rear yet, but did choose to get a separate cam, running a cable all the way to the front is more work than I can justify compared to an independent cam in the back powered from the rear 12V.

kpr711

First Name
Car41
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE Shadow Black
Occupation
Sheep Dog
Country flag
And as an added benefit, you can count on Ring to hand over any video, without consent, to law enforcement. 🤦‍♂️
Not really wise guy! You don't know what you're talking about.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

kpr711

First Name
Car41
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE Shadow Black
Occupation
Sheep Dog
Country flag
WeLL tough guy, since I'm in that business, I DO KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT AND THE PROCEEDURES AND REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING PRIVATE VIDEO.
Sponsored