L4z3rUsLOng

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER Prem
Country flag
I don’t think I would have know this without the Widget. I appears that the only way the alarm can be enabled is with a double click on the keyfob. When using walk away, 8/9 or lock button the alarm doesn’t appear to be set. When using the keyfob or the widget with a double lock then the alarm is set. The manual implies that the alarm is set only the keyfob. Is my understanding correct? Should I be always locking the car with the fob? For that last question I am ignoring the PaaK issues and guidance.
Sponsored

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
My alarm is set with PaaK walk-away lock, but I have noticed some times where the widget shows it's not alarmed, but 80% of the time it seems to be alarmed correctly.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I haven't tested the Mach-E, but in the past, the internal lock button didn't arm the vehicle, but everything else did.

To test, open the window and then close the door for each of the locking procedures. Wait 30 seconds, then stick your arm through the window to see if the motion detectors go off. Or, reach in and use the door handle. Note - make sure fob and phone are out of range.
Sponsored