First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
Good morning all,

This is kind of a cross-posted post, so if the admin need to delete, I understand.

I've received multiple Fordpass notifications today regarding an alarm triggered and lift gate opened. This started at 4:45am this morning and I've gotten about 8 of them this morning. Any ideas on what could be triggering it? It is an aftermarket auto ease power liftgate that was installed. I've had it the aftermarket part installed almost a year ago with no issues since installation. @EV_Vida

I have an appointment with the dealership tomorrow where it'll sit for a couple of days. I'm afraid they'll tell me I'm SOL since it's an aftermarket part. Any insight on that would be helpful too?

Many thanks
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Nowhere do you state - did the liftgate actually open? Or, is this a false message?

If the liftgate is opening, then as you note this has nothing to do with Ford.

OP
OP
kirkus02

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
LOL. sorry, brain is a little frazzled with this happening. Yes, the lift gate has been opened each time I"ve gotten the notification.

obviously it could be any number of things, but you think it's just the aftermarket part going crazy?

EV_Vida

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CR1
Country flag
Just unplug the fuse and replug. Electronics are weird, but this should reboot the system. Let us know how that works out.

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Didnt Ford remove the securialert feature? How are you getting liftgate open notifications?