machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I ordered 11/18 converted 6/29, built 12-17, shipped 1-5 and that's where it went downhill. So I made it to DE, sent back to MO and now it looks like I am on a train. The last update from dealer (yesterday) told me it shows the same as attached.

Ford says 2/23/21 for ETA

Sucky part for me is I am about to refi and it's tricky to have another loan opening at the same time. So timing for delivery is very important to me right now, aside from giving up my Leaf to my Son and no EV for daddy right now.

Ford Mustang Mach-E All things NJ Deliveries Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 9.37.51 AM
Sponsored

medicnj

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Ford Mach E Star White
Occupation
EMT
Country flag
North Jersey here, Quality Auto Mall in E-Rutherford. Ordered 9/17 build week 1/24.. have my VIN ( dealer should be able to provide ) and waiting....waiting....waiting

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
When did you both order? I ordered my premium July 2nd and have eta delivery of 2/27-3/6
Delran NJ here....I chose Miller Ford for delivery
Mine is due at Miller at the same time. Tracker has it on 3/5. Will see if it comes earlier. Hope for the best. I’m a premium, awd, extended range in Iconic Silver.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD extended range
Country flag
Mine is due at Miller at the same time. Tracker has it on 3/5. Will see if it comes earlier. Hope for the best. I’m a premium, awd, extended range in Iconic Silver.
Hopefully Miller gets the test drive vehicle soon. Last I heard it was due the week before ours arrive

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
@Redundant what date did you get your shipped email? I'm trying to gauge how conservative Ford is being with these estimates.
So, interesting. My email came in Saturday January 23 with above dates. Since I had it open I hit view my order button. Had a bit of a shock as my dates had improved to estimated delivery of between February 22 to 28. This is starting to feel real.

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
Hopefully Miller gets the test drive vehicle soon. Last I heard it was due the week before ours arrive
Yea. That’s what I’ve been told too. I kinda laugh cause I know I’m gonna end up buying it regardless of the test drive but I still want to test it anyway. What color and config did you go with? Maybe we will take deliver at same time (I’ll race you to the Walmart on 38, j/k).

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD extended range
Country flag
Yea. That’s what I’ve been told too. I kinda laugh cause I know I’m gonna end up buying it regardless of the test drive but I still want to test it anyway. What color and config did you go with? Maybe we will take deliver at same time (I’ll race you to the Walmart on 38, j/k).
Premium AWD ER, Star white...when i ordered i wasn't aware of NJ clean energy incentive so i missed the MSRP qualification by $1400...probably would have ordered this way anyway. I am sure i will complete purchase as well but ya never know. I was ready to buy a Tesla last June until they let me have it over the weekend. Could not stand that all information was in the center of car and not in front of me. Also i expected a much better integration with my phone. Taking delivery at the same time would be neat.

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
Premium AWD ER, Star white...when i ordered i wasn't aware of NJ clean energy incentive so i missed the MSRP qualification by $1400...probably would have ordered this way anyway. I am sure i will complete purchase as well but ya never know. I was ready to buy a Tesla last June until they let me have it over the weekend. Could not stand that all information was in the center of car and not in front of me. Also i expected a much better integration with my phone. Taking delivery at the same time would be neat.
I hear ya on the $5k. Not sure I’ll get it with the delivery charge and the law change. I know some of the Jersey folks on the forum did good work talking to reps at the state but I’ve never been much of an optimist when it comes to money from the government. Better to have the car you want then wait on money that may never come.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I hear ya on the $5k. Not sure I’ll get it with the delivery charge and the law change. I know some of the Jersey folks on the forum did good work talking to reps at the state but I’ve never been much of an optimist when it comes to money from the government. Better to have the car you want then wait on money that may never come.
I've traded emails with NJBPU staff and actually spoke to Ashley at NJBPU the other day. All the folks there have been very helpful and informative. Ashley said she was sure the $5k rebate would resume when the new fiscal year starts (I believe that is July 1st). At that point (as has been mentioned) it would be a point-of-sale rebate, so the $5k would come off the purchase right at the dealer. She said there would be lots of advance notice in June that the rebate was resuming.

I'm going to wait it out. If my car comes in early (not likely), I'll let it go, so if anyone wants to pay $5k extra, there might be one available...

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
I've traded emails with NJBPU staff and actually spoke to Ashley at NJBPU the other day. All the folks there have been very helpful and informative. Ashley said she was sure the $5k rebate would resume when the new fiscal year starts (I believe that is July 1st). At that point (as has been mentioned) it would be a point-of-sale rebate, so the $5k would come off the purchase right at the dealer. She said there would be lots of advance notice in June that the rebate was resuming.

I'm going to wait it out. If my car comes in early (not likely), I'll let it go, so if anyone wants to pay $5k extra, there might be one available...
So, I'm a late comer and my car doesn't even have a build date. When I ordered Dec 24, I knew it would not be eligible for the state rebate so I didn't worry about it. At the time of my order, I was told production in late Feb (yeah, sure, sounded like pie in the sky).

Just got an update from my dealer that build may be April (will find out next week). So, that sounds like delivery in May, June, or even later. Based on that date and the fact that I'm not averse to saving $5,000, I will try to work with the dealer to make sure my sale is eligible for the point-of-sale rebate (I'll let you know how it goes...). Hopefully, the new rebate program will start right at the beginning of the fiscal year (July 1) and I'll take delivery of the car on that date or shortly after.

This raises another problem for me. My MSRP is $55.1K, just $100 above the cap for the rebate because of the $400 for IB paint. That's a pretty expensive color choice if it ends up disqualifying me for the $5K rebate (which it likely would). So, I told my dealer to update my order to Iconic Silver. I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
So, I'm a late comer and my car doesn't even have a build date. When I ordered Dec 24, I knew it would not be eligible for the state rebate so I didn't worry about it. At the time of my order, I was told production in late Feb (yeah, sure, sounded like pie in the sky).

Just got an update from my dealer that build may be April (will find out next week). So, that sounds like delivery in May, June, or even later. Based on that date and the fact that I'm not averse to saving $5,000, I will try to work with the dealer to make sure my sale is eligible for the point-of-sale rebate (I'll let you know how it goes...). Hopefully, the new rebate program will start right at the beginning of the fiscal year (July 1) and I'll take delivery of the car on that date or shortly after.

This raises another problem for me. My MSRP is $55.1K, just $100 above the cap for the rebate because of the $400 for IB paint. That's a pretty expensive color choice if it ends up disqualifying me for the $5K rebate (which it likely would). So, I told my dealer to update my order to Iconic Silver. I'm sure I'll be happy with it.
I made the exact same change from an IB to an iconic silver for the $5k. Technically I’m still over the $55k limit with delivery and destination. Hoping the language in the guidance holds up. Any of the other Jersey folks still hearing that if you ordered before 12/15 and take delivery before 3/15 that you can still apply? Not holding my breathe but sure, who wouldn’t like an extra $5k.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I made the exact same change from an IB to an iconic silver for the $5k. Technically I’m still over the $55k limit with delivery and destination. Hoping the language in the guidance holds up. Any of the other Jersey folks still hearing that if you ordered before 12/15 and take delivery before 3/15 that you can still apply? Not holding my breathe but sure, who wouldn’t like an extra $5k.
The good news is that, at least for the current rebate program, delivery and destination DO NOT count toward the MSRP. This is very clear in the detail document for the program. I expect the new program will have the same rules.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is the vehicle eligibility section from "Charge Up New Jersey Stage One: The Post-Purchase Incentive - Program Program Terms & Conditions". It seems fairly clear that "destination or delivery charges” are not considered part of MSRP.

Part Three: Vehicle Eligibility

Pursuant to P.L.2019, c.362, an eligible vehicle for the Charge Up New Jersey program is defined as:

• A new light-duty plug-in electric vehicle;
• With a final MSRP* below $55,000;
• Purchased or leased in the State of New Jersey on or after January 17, 2020; and
• Registered in New Jersey.

* The MSRP cap of $55,000 refers to the final MSRP of the vehicle, which is set by the manufacturer, and is intended to encompass the value of the vehicle itself, in full. The manufacturer’s MSRP typically includes the costs associated with the trim level of the vehicle with all color options, wheel upgrades, drive train or battery upgrades, and other packages, such as entertainment system upgrades. Costs not generally included in the MSRP are: destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc. The Board reserves the right to seek all available legal remedies if manufacturers adopt separate MSRPs for New Jersey that differ from the MSRP associated with the same car in other states or otherwise attempt to circumvent the statutory language.

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
Here is the vehicle eligibility section from "Charge Up New Jersey Stage One: The Post-Purchase Incentive - Program Program Terms & Conditions". It seems fairly clear that "destination or delivery charges” are not considered part of MSRP.

Part Three: Vehicle Eligibility

Pursuant to P.L.2019, c.362, an eligible vehicle for the Charge Up New Jersey program is defined as:

• A new light-duty plug-in electric vehicle;
• With a final MSRP* below $55,000;
• Purchased or leased in the State of New Jersey on or after January 17, 2020; and
• Registered in New Jersey.

* The MSRP cap of $55,000 refers to the final MSRP of the vehicle, which is set by the manufacturer, and is intended to encompass the value of the vehicle itself, in full. The manufacturer’s MSRP typically includes the costs associated with the trim level of the vehicle with all color options, wheel upgrades, drive train or battery upgrades, and other packages, such as entertainment system upgrades. Costs not generally included in the MSRP are: destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc. The Board reserves the right to seek all available legal remedies if manufacturers adopt separate MSRPs for New Jersey that differ from the MSRP associated with the same car in other states or otherwise attempt to circumvent the statutory language.
Thanks SAM. It’s that “generally” that always gives me pause. I’m an attorney by trade (cue the jokes). Language is always tricky. I agree destination and delivery should be excluded under the language but if the state wanted to get cute there is probably enough there. Thanks again for the input. Hopefully we all get cars soon, with no sales tax and if it comes with $5k to boot then woo hoo.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Thanks SAM. It’s that “generally” that always gives me pause. I’m an attorney by trade (cue the jokes). Language is always tricky. I agree destination and delivery should be excluded under the language but if the state wanted to get cute there is probably enough there. Thanks again for the input. Hopefully we all get cars soon, with no sales tax and if it comes with $5k to boot then woo hoo.
That language concerns me as well. I mentioned it in another post but easier to just re-state here. Quack2000 - I'd appreciate your take on it...

My concern is that the language states (bold italics mine):
Costs not generally included in the MSRP are: destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc.

What worries me is that Ford does include the destination and delivery in the MSRP. Here's what I configured and ordered:
Ford Mustang Mach-E All things NJ Deliveries 1612104957034

Notice that the base MSRP is 47,000 and options are 7,700. That totals 54,700, which is under the 55k cap. BUT, the Total MSRP includes the D&D. So how will NJ interpret that? Will NJ back out the 1,100 D&D or will they use Ford's MSRP and deny the rebate?
Sponsored