jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I live in Memphis, home of the "94, feels like 104" degree days. The car gets hot of course like any car, but as has been said, you can either pre-cool it from the app (which I always forget to do), or just wait a few minutes for the cabin to cool itself. It hasn't really been an issue with me.

It's not like I look up at the panoramic roof ever, but its inclusion makes the car feel way more open than if it wasn't there -- I used my wife's Kona on my last road trip, and I definitely felt the difference even though it has a normal-sized moonroof. Plus my passengers hop in and go nuts over it :)
Sponsored

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
Drove it 6 hours and 350 miles today in 105f temps and parked out in the sun for three hours. Never an issue. The AC is really really good.

BTW the AC is so powerful there are entire threads dedicated to complaining about the noise and threatening :rolleyes: Ford with dire consequences if they don't dial it back. There are folks who took it to death valley in 130f and reported no AC cooling issues. Some did fry their regen electronics but not the AC. So no cooling issues...

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
As the lowly “select” buyer here, I just want to chime in that NOT having the pano hasn’t changed my thrill of driving this cat in any way.

But I also had two legit reasons for no pano: (1) money (cheaper); (2) kids (no issue with sun on them). Oh, and if you want to know why #1 is an issue, see #2.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It was 104 F here today and my Mach-E was in the sun. The only heat was coming from the windshield and front windows. Not the roof. It was warm to the touch from the inside but no heat was radiating from it in the sun at the hottest part of the day.

The AC also pulls the heat out very quickly when the car does get warm inside.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I'm kind of surprised nobody's pointed a solar meter at the roof to see how much energy it blocks. Unfortunately i dont have a mach e yet, so can't figure this part out. you can alwasy add a extra layer of tint to it if it gets too hot for you. just like the windshield, many run like 60-90%

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are also mesh shades you can quickly install on hot days and take out when you want to see out the glass.

sambastang

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Veloster, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
I think you get more heat coming in from the front side windows than from the roof. I drove across the Mojave desert in 120 degree heat. My head didn't feel the sun but my arms did when the sun was coming in at an angle. I can't wait to get those tinted. But the car stayed cool the whole day.
Ditto for us last week in Vegas where temps were 113+. The side windows were were we felt it, definitely not the roof. And the A/C kicks like the Rockette's Holiday Special. I was asked to turn it down. :)

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Doesn’t appear to be stopping folks, I see more and more every day in NJ. I even was surprised to see completely blackout windows the other day and it wasn’t even a police car.
Some will get a medical excuse. Eye problems, etc.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Doesn’t appear to be stopping folks, I see more and more every day in NJ. I even was surprised to see completely blackout windows the other day and it wasn’t even a police car.
Route 73 is a "safe corridor" through Evesham (traffic fines are doubled); EPD has people stopped where it drops from 55 to 50 all day long. I imagine they'd be happy to harass somebody with blacked out windows. They'd probably call the SWAT team out just to give them something to do.
Sponsored