Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Looks like I am having my mind made up for me. Polestar just released video of cars arriving and unloading in zebrugge. I think UK orders on next boat. :)
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Looks like I am having my mind made up for me. Polestar just released video of cars arriving and unloading in zebrugge. I think UK orders on next boat. :)
I am sorry but given the choice I think I will wait for my MME. Just as a matter of interest, what MME did you preorder

OP
OP

Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
I went for the cheapest. Thus I reckon I,d be lucky to have it by next summer the way things are going. Went for a spin in an e corsa the other day. Think the engine is 100kw, and it was a cracker. So 300kw polestar is going to be amazing. Prefer a less powerful version, but that's probably not available till next year either.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I did have a reservation down for a Peugeot e2008. Went for a drive in an e208 which has the same motor as e2008 and ecorsa. It was quite nippy. Couldn't get on with the seats though so changed to the MME. Seats were better in it. Nothing else out there that I like the look of so guess I'll stay with the MME.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I went for the cheapest. Thus I reckon I,d be lucky to have it by next summer the way things are going. Went for a spin in an e corsa the other day. Think the engine is 100kw, and it was a cracker. So 300kw polestar is going to be amazing. Prefer a less powerful version, but that's probably not available till next year either.
You better find out where the nearest service center is relative to where you live. I just saw a blurb that Polestar still hasn't figured out where these things will be serviced. To me that's beyond incredible at this late date. They were talking about 'exclusive' Polestar service facilities, which is what I was told when I called Sweden. Now they say there may be 'select' Volvo dealers who 'may' service them, but they don't know yet. For me this is way too out there to be undecided as cars are being delivered.

They also say they'll provide 'concierge' service, up to 150 miles if needed. Do I really want my car being driven 300 miles round trip for what may be a simple servicing?

Then, for me, there's the issue of the car being built in China. I'm not into rewarding China for the crap they've perpetrated on the world.

OP
OP

Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
I,m in Southern Ireland, they dont even sell the polestar here. Same as mme. It's just keep me informed, on that, in Ireland web site for ford. I,ll keep car on n Ireland plates for a bit as I have dual residency and addresses. I reckon nearest service centre may be in England. Shame I would have liked MME, maybe I may get option to change my basic model to a FE and get it earlier. I reckon polestar will be contacting me in a couple of weeks. Maybe same with Ford. I would maybe ne prepared to wait till Jan for MME, but not another year or further. Plus VW, BMW etc are all coming out with nice cars shortly. Shame, I really fancied one.
Sponsored