Am I the only one having a great PaaK experience?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My PaaK is doing even better now. I may have to press the door open button a few times but I've learned I can avoid even that by reaching in my pocket and tapping the face of the iPhone 12 Pro. That wakes it up enough that PaaK works great.

Last edited:

bballpirate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
PAAK used to be spotty for me. Recently it has become almost unusable. Iā€™m getting no key detected and backup passcode requires several times a day now. I donā€™t know if Ford did something or iOS did something, but this is BS.
Thatā€™s how Paak has been for me. Especially since I got my IPhone 13 pro max, I would get no key detected literally every time. Then a couple of days ago I deleted and reinstalled Paak and it as been perfect. I donā€™t know how it goes from being so bad to so good all of a sudden.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Thatā€™s how Paak has been for me. Especially since I got my IPhone 13 pro max, I would get no key detected literally every time. Then a couple of days ago I deleted and reinstalled Paak and it as been perfect. I donā€™t know how it goes from being so bad to so good all of a sudden.
Damn I hate to do it, but I may have to try that. Can someone remind me of the exact sequence that works best to delete and reinstall PAAK?

bballpirate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Damn I hate to do it, but I may have to try that. Can someone remind me of the exact sequence that works best to delete and reinstall PAAK?
Go to settings>general>reset>fordpass connect reset
Then go to fordpass app and click on phone as a key setup on home screen

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I could care less if PAAK works or not but from my Wifeā€™s point of view its no good if she has to dig her phone out of her purse! It will have to pass the Purse test for her to try it again! Lol

Diva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD 88kw/h
Country flag
I'm not sure I know where my actual fob is. Haha. I lhave my phone in my purse, but I do put it on the front seat most of the time. Or if I've got my phone out I stick it on the charging pad. I have a Samsung s20+

Doors have worked every time, once in a while I need to wake the car up by touching the button and then wait 5 seconds for it to flow before it opens, but usually it wakes up as I get close.

So far so good! ?

loving everything except that no matter how I tell it to turn off my interior sensors (via pop up or the menu) it says it is off but will not actually, and my poor dogs keep setting it off, maybe 20 minutes after I leave them ?

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Maybe thatā€™s the trick, my Wife puts hers on the back seat. PAAK has been flaky for her, but its not all bad. She is still able to use her phone via CarPlay without having to take it out of her purse!

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Okay so whatā€™s the trick in getting Paak setup? Iā€™ve gotten paired fail about 15 times now when going through the setup. Deleted Bluetooth profiles, disabled CarPlay, rebooted iPhone, reconnected Bluetooth. Nothing worksā€¦

Gene Bank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I live in a small, rural town. I just leave the fob in the car. Don't lock my house either. Lucky to live where I do, except, what is a fast charger again??
PS. My security cam would catch a thief so don't get any ideas.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I live in a small, rural town. I just leave the fob in the car. Don't lock my house either. Lucky to live where I do, except, what is a fast charger again??
My dad was a Master Locksmith with decades of experience who also happened to grow up in Oakland, CA (which made him a hyper-paranoid about locks). He was constantly locking the garage entry door and closing the big door on me while I was working on cars in the driver (with the radio blasting and me cussing up a storm). He would have hated your security practices. šŸ¤ŖšŸ©

PS: Most Police and Sheriff Departments donā€™t investigate thefts deeply (or at all) if nobody has been injured. They just donā€™t have the personnel in this age of de-funding PDs. šŸ˜±šŸ©

RedAero42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E ER AWD, Star White
Country flag
If that camera is able to catch thieves, it must be the same people that came up with the trunk monkey! ;)

Youtube Trunk Monkey
Sponsored