Android 13 - PowerUp 3.5.4.2 - Google Maps gone!

JohnC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi folks,

Ran into an issue over the past 48 hours. My Galaxy S21 updated from Android 12 to 13 and my Mach-E updated to Power-Up 3.5.4.2.

Since that time, I can no longer use Google Maps in my Mach; all I am able to access on my phone is 'Phone' and "Audio'. I am unable to determine if it was the Android update on my phone that broke it, or the Power-Up update that is not seeing Google Maps on my phone. I've cleared the boot cache on my phone and manually restarted Sync in the car but to no avail.

Any suggestions on what I might be able to look at in my car or on my phone? Or is there some kind of incompatibility that I may not be aware of?
Sponsored

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
it sounds like you are connected via bluetooth and not android auto? look on the phone list of your infotainment, what connection is active

armingh

First Name
Armin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD 300A
Country flag
alternatively, you can use a cable for android auto. as far as i tested, wired android auto only works with the usb c connector in the front

smhenn

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I have Android 13 and the latest update and haven't had any issue. I would delete the phone from the car and vice versa on the phone and pair it again. Also, make sure wireless android auto is turned on in your phone settings.

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Happened to me with an update on my phone. I just uninstalled google maps and then reinstalled google maps on the phone and it started working again.
Sponsored