cgrasso10

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I'd "upgraded" from the Pixel 6 Pro to the Galaxy S23 Ultra and, since the 6.x.x series of updates (along with the recent "OneUI 6.0 update") found that the Galaxy S23 Ultra simply could not keep a connect with the MME - no matter if wired or wireless. The only thing that I did not test was simply turning off the Wireless Projection function and just run AA in pure wired mode (this disables all AA Wireless functions -- very important since plugging your phone into the USB port in the car does not force the AA connection to run in wired only mode if the "Wireless Projection" setting is not disabled on the Mach-E). I would not expect this to be any better, though, so be ready for that.

Otherwise, I'd recommend grabbing a Pixel 7a or 8 and give that a try. I used the recent sale on the Pixel 8 Pro to trade in my P6P (which I kept since Samsung wasn't offering trade value on it to get me to swap it out) for a reasonable price. The P8P has been reliable with its connection to my car, leaving me to blame Samsung for the issue.

Good luck with your issue and your decisions, either way. I hope that it all works out for you.
It seems as though google maps is the issue, the error comes up where the maps should be. I uninstalled the maps and reinstalled and the same issue so I untinstalled again and put in Waze and it worked. Very strange. I'm not sure what else could be done to fix google maps.
Sponsored

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Occupation
Wildlife and Cultural Photographer
Country flag
I have the Samsung S23 Ultra with the latest Android release 16.0. I have had no problems using PAAK on it since I took delivery in 2022, including moving from an older Samsung phone to this one. I just had to have my APIM replaced, and the dealer reloaded a lot of the firmware. I followed the directions to reinstate my phone that VSGURU gave above, and everything is working perfectly. Note that I utilize Android Auto and see the MME Wi-Fi as well as Bluetooth in use. Note, I haven't had any problem with Google Maps recently, did have some last year and used Waze for awhile.

MikePalazz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
I'm having intermittent issues with Android Auto: My wife's phone connects all the time, but mine fails on occasion. I thought I had to stop the car, get out, get in and try again (LOLITA), but that was not reliable, either. Now I delete my phone from the Mach-E configuration, then add it back; so far this seems to work. Note that the dealer recently upgrades all the software/firmware, but the issue persists. OH: I found out that my wife's phone is the "primary" owner on Ford Pass. Perhaps that's where the glitch is.
Sponsored