Annoying XM Radio Interface

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is a fix coming to the XM interface? When scrolling the presets in the 3rd row and below OR scrolling up and down channels, the artist and song name disappear. So you have to wait for the song to play to know what's on. Even if the app is set to expanded screen. For someone who flips through the channels frequently, it's not only annoying, but a driving distraction. There is so much screen real estate to do this, and every other car I've had immediate populates this data when browsing channels.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is a fix coming to the XM interface? When scrolling the presets in the 3rd row and below OR scrolling up and down channels, the artist and song name disappear. So you have to wait for the song to play to know what's on. Even if the app is set to expanded screen. For someone who flips through the channels frequently, it's not only annoying, but a driving distraction. There is so much screen real estate to do this, and every other car I've had immediate populates this data when browsing channels.
I believe thats just how SXM works. It doesn't constantly check each station for what's playing, just updates when the next track title gets pushed.

OP
OP

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I believe thats just how SXM works. It doesn't constantly check each station for what's playing, just updates when the next track title gets pushed.
Unfortunately that's not true. It does populate immediately in the Mach E when going between the first two preset rows, so it has that capability, it's just scrolling channels and tapping presets in the 3rd rows and below. Also, every other vehicle I've owned has this capability.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Unfortunately that's not true. It does populate immediately in the Mach E when going between the first two preset rows, so it has that capability, it's just scrolling channels and tapping presets in the 3rd rows and below. Also, every other vehicle I've owned has this capability.
The car likely keeps the stations you have as presets in memory of what the last title was. Trying to do that for all stations would probably start to cause performance issues with Sync.

Keep in mind its having to read this data off the one-way satellite stream, and can only do so much at once.

OP
OP

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
The car likely keeps the stations you have as presets in memory of what the last title was. Trying to do that for all stations would probably start to cause performance issues with Sync.

Keep in mind its having to read this data off the one-way satellite stream, and can only do so much at once.
As I said twice, this issue is unique to the Mach E. Other cars all have the capability.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
In general, the SXM interface in the MME leaves a lot to be desired. Ford has not said if there will be any changes or improvements to it, so we can only hope.
Sponsored