Antidote for the long wait: Rationalization or rational elucidation?

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When I first studied psychology--way back when Freud was an anxious teenager struggling with dreams of cucumbers in his mother's garden--I learned that rationalization was a defense mechanism to fend off anxiety. Many posters on this forum, me included, are pretty anxious about the long delays and false promises in getting our MME. However, this morning while crudding up my current car after another piddly trace of snow, I felt relieved that my shiny new MME was spared the dirt, grime and salt of a Wisconsin winter. It's better to wait for clement weather, I thought. Yes, that's better. But am I just giving logical reasons to salve my impatience, or is that good sense? I feel I can put this question to you because, after all, isn't this forum largely free group therapy?
Sponsored

parasandtobi

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Sort of... of course mine has been sitting outside in a shipping yard for the last 3 weeks buried in snow with a dead battery. Who knows how much degradation sitting with a dead battery does to the long term health of the vehicle.

Also I traded in my old vehicle so having no car at all really sucks.

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
The longer you wait, the newer the car!
Sponsored