Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Ok cool. So I don't have to look for it in the settings.
Sponsored

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That’s a bummer! What happens when you turn it on and go to the “Speed Limit Assist” category below? Does that only let you set the tolerance now or could you possibly turn that off and it leaves predictive speed assist on?
Turning on Predictive Speed Assist then enables the Tolerance setting for how far over/under the speed limit you want to go. Speed Limit Assist has only one option under it, "Speed Warning", which just alerts you if you go over the posted speed limit + tolerance (I guess when cruise control is off?).

So far I haven't found anything that would keep Predictive Speed Assist on for curves but turn off the part that adjusts speed based on the posted speed limit signs. They seem to be bundled together.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any 2023 Mach-E deliveries yet? PXL_20221205_042932621
Ford Mustang Mach-E Any 2023 Mach-E deliveries yet? PXL_20221205_043758313

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
That's my understanding for the logic, but the setting to enable/disable it is the same setting for enabling/disabling cruising speed adjustment based on speed sign recognition. Maybe I'm missing something but as far as I can tell, the same setting controls both unfortunately.

I would prefer separate settings because I would disable cruising speed adjustment while enabling the curve speed reduction. I'll try to get a picture of the setting and description for you. That might help make it clearer.

Edit:
The setting is "Predictive Speed Assist" as shown in the pictures.
Hmm, so I have another question. I know you don't like the speed sign recognition, but in the old version it would only slow down for a reduced speed limit AFTER you passed the sign (so you'd be speeding for a while until it slowed down). Have they possibly fixed this so it slows down BEFORE the speed zone sign? That would be great because I always have to manually set the the speed lower before slower zones.

Bummer the curve speed control is tied to the speed sign recognition. I agree those should be separate unless there is something more to it.

Also @SnBGC looks like they brought in-lane repositioning back.

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hmm, so I have another question. I know you don't like the speed sign recognition, but in the old version it would only slow down for a reduced speed limit AFTER you passed the sign (so you'd be speeding for a while until it slowed down). Have they possibly fixed this so it slows down BEFORE the speed zone sign? That would be great because I always have to manually set the the speed lower before slower zones.

Bummer the curve speed control is tied to the speed sign recognition. I agree those should be separate unless there is something more to it.

Also @SnBGC looks like they brought in-lane repositioning back.
I actually do like the feature on most freeways, it just didn't work well in the express lane on my commute. The express lane speed limit is 70mph, posted on the left side of the freeway (next to the express lane, naturally). The non-express lane speed limit is 65mph, posted on the right side of the freeway. The signs are staggered from each other, and generally the non-express lane sign comes after the express lane sign. The old software would read the 70mph sign and adjust to it, then a few hundred feet later it would read the 65mph sign from the other side and adjust to it, so my speed would drop 5mph in the express lane. Not a huge difference but it can actually slow the vehicle pretty quickly at freeway speeds, and it was a little harrowing a few times with tailgaters only paying half attention (or less 😒), etc. I kept it on for a few weeks and would just quickly adjust the speed back up myself, but that got to be annoying, hence why I ended up turning it off. But that is a corner case that the old system just didn't handle well. I suppose I should try it in the 23 to see if the behavior has improved before I pass judgement on it.

As for your question, I do remember that behavior but I do not know if it has improved. I'll be in the office on Tuesday so I'll turn it on for that commute and evaluate it.

garapatisri

First Name
Sridhar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME PRE AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I did today and it was awesome in light traffic. Bump the turn signal and it keeps blinking while the car changes lanes for you with some graphics on the instrument cluster showing what it's doing. It will also suggest changing lanes to pass a slower car in front of you in the current lane.
Please post pictures of the screen user interface, we are dying to know what the new version actually looks like on a production car.

We also want to know how lane changes work with BlueCruise 1.2.
No . Frankly speaking i dont Know yet how to do it.

Mablanc

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Order: 3/25
Converted: 8/30
Delivered: 11/29
Attempted to finance: 11/29
Actual purchase: 11/30

I am jealous ... I see your frunk button ;)

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I actually do like the feature on most freeways, it just didn't work well in the express lane on my commute. The express lane speed limit is 70mph, posted on the left side of the freeway (next to the express lane, naturally). The non-express lane speed limit is 65mph, posted on the right side of the freeway. The signs are staggered from each other, and generally the non-express lane sign comes after the express lane sign. The old software would read the 70mph sign and adjust to it, then a few hundred feet later it would read the 65mph sign from the other side and adjust to it, so my speed would drop 5mph in the express lane. Not a huge difference but it can actually slow the vehicle pretty quickly at freeway speeds, and it was a little harrowing a few times with tailgaters only paying half attention (or less 😒), etc. I kept it on for a few weeks and would just quickly adjust the speed back up myself, but that got to be annoying, hence why I ended up turning it off. But that is a corner case that the old system just didn't handle well. I suppose I should try it in the 23 to see if the behavior has improved before I pass judgement on it.

As for your question, I do remember that behavior but I do not know if it has improved. I'll be in the office on Tuesday so I'll turn it on for that commute and evaluate it.
Following up on this. I turned on "Predictive Speed Assist" for my commute this morning, and these were my observations:
  • The corner case behavior I described above is still present, where the system recognizes both the express lane and non-express lane speed limit signs and adjusts the cruising speed accordingly. It would be nice if it was aware that I was in the express lane, but that's probably a tough one to code without manually identifying specific stretches of roads. That seems unwieldy considering different areas of the country will have variations in how their lanes are set up, how speed limits are posted, etc.
  • The previous version behavior where the cruising speed adjusts only after the speed limit sign is passed remains, so if you want to be at the new speed limit by the time you pass the sign, you'll still have to adjust that manually.
  • The predictive speed assist around curves was too conservative for my taste. There is a little curved arrow icon that shows up under the speed limit on the instrument cluster when it detects an upcoming curve, which I thought was a nice touch. However, in one case it slowed down more than 5mph under the posted speed limit, which was unnecessary for that curve (there were no warning signs for the curve, e.g. "Curve 50mph" or similar in a 65mph zone). The curve could easily have been handled at the speed limit. That said, I might still turn it on for a longer trip where I am unfamiliar with the roads.
  • There were virtually no semis on my commute this morning, and there was no in-lane repositioning in response to the position of any cars or pickups. Several times when I was in the left lane, it got too close to cars in the center lane, aka they were towards the left of their lane and BlueCruise swayed toward the right of my lane. While staying further away from semis is definitely a welcome improvement, I'm actually a little disappointed in this, as I don't see any reason to restrict it to only semis, but so far that does appear to be the case.
  • Specific to wireless Android Auto, in my 22 I also experienced the dropouts while playing music that others have reported. This morning was the first time I played music through AA in the 23, and I am happy to report that there were no dropouts at all in the 30 min drive. Small sample size but it seems promising.
Also, I still love lane change assist. :)

Last edited:

garapatisri

First Name
Sridhar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME PRE AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
For a Prem 2023 AWD standard. what is the Mileage experience. Mine in IL / chicago seams pretty bad. 100% is about 190miles.

garapatisri

First Name
Sridhar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME PRE AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
if i have to Park in Garage, hands free, is there a Setting?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
if i have to Park in Garage, hands free, is there a Setting?
Not if you don’t want to hit the wall.

Why would you need to hands free park in a garage?

Hands free is for parallel parking or backing into a space.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Just got news on my '23 MME this morning.

Woke up to modules populated and tear tag issued!

Still hoping for end of year delivery, but probably not going to happen ??

Ford Mustang Mach-E Any 2023 Mach-E deliveries yet? Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 6.34.23 AM

Reactions: njb

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
For a Prem 2023 AWD standard. what is the Mileage experience. Mine in IL / chicago seams pretty bad. 100% is about 190miles.
That’s normal especially with the temperature outside

garapatisri

First Name
Sridhar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME PRE AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Not if you don’t want to hit the wall.

Why would you need to hands free park in a garage?

Hands free is for parallel parking or backing into a space.
Select Park and Leave the Vehicle in Drive way to self parks into Garage. Saw an ad of that sort. Excepting in 2023 model.
Sponsored