Anybody cross-shopping the Mache and the new Hummer EV?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yeah, lol, that is what I suspected.

But say , if money was no object, you wanted a 350 Kw charger in your mansion. I'm guessing you would need a 200+ amp breaker? Or more?

Hummer sure is not talking about that, but I did find this tidbit of info.
The Hummer EV FAQ page says a 32A, 240V EVSE is included. And it can charge on a typical household outlet. So to answer your original question, you just need a 15 or 40/50 amp outlet and patience. ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody cross-shopping the Mache and the new Hummer EV? Screenshot_20211008-191457
Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
No but the Hummer looks like one sweet toy.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
The 350kw chargers are rated at up to 1000v and 500A. The input to the DC rectifier is usually 480V AC, which is not available for your house.
Sorry, Bill, I guess I was being too subtle. ;)

So the new Hummer EV has the capability of charging at a 350Kw rate.

But only if you pay to charge it at a commercial charging station, at commercial rates.

Otherwise, you get to charge it at pedestrian rates of charge, Level 2, like everyone else.

Available for only $112,595. Sounds good to me, LOL.

The first electric Hummer up for grabs is the $112,595 Edition 1, which will be the only model available when the pickup arrives in Fall 2021. Every Edition 1 will be identically equipped, painted white and outfitted with an attractive, modern Lunar Horizon interior. Like most launch specials, the 2022 GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 is fully loaded,

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Just like the original Hummer.. the Hummer EV screams microphallus. There's no way a normal person is cross-shopping these two vehicles.

OP
OP

Deshapiro

First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
Just like the original Hummer.. the Hummer EV screams microphallus. There's no way a normal person is cross-shopping these two vehicles.
We used to call cars (or trucks or anything this enormous or showy) “extenders”.
Sponsored