Anyone doing Ford Options?

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
Lots of talk elsewhere about the Model Y $599 lease vs. the MME over $800 with Ford Options. I rang the phone on Twitter at Ford and Ford Credit. Will be curious if they answer the call.
well according to ford's own calculator with the premium rwd and all selected options. the payment will be
$682.84/mo‡‡‡
APR 2.25%

less for what I expect for my trade in
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
well according to ford's own calculator with the premium rwd and all selected options. the payment will be
$682.84/mo‡‡‡
APR 2.25%

I am not sure what battery, mileage, length, and deposit you used but I assume that is AFTER you lend yourself the $7500 to put down?

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I'm assuming that battery technology and prices will be markedly different in 4 years, which is why I am planning to go the options route. I think Ford feels that way too, which is why the backend number (aka residual) is so low on the options.
My idea exactly but, for now, I like the Mach-e. With the Fed Tax Credit and NYS EV Rebate, that will cover a $9,500 down payment (will float myself a loan). Payments for my spec will be under $600. Still, time will tell if Ford discounts the Mach-e by next summer when I will be ordering.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I haven't decided. I'm waiting until we have all the final numbers and I know how much down payment I can do (come on big bonus! ?).

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
$682.84/mo‡‡‡
APR 2.25%

Ford’s website is acting funky. But my configuration was a Premium ER AWD. That’s closer to the MY which right now is only ER and AWD.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
I am not sure what battery, mileage, length, and deposit you used but I assume that is AFTER you lend yourself the $7500 to put down?
it is ER and blue color and the default 48 months with 5500 down

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
And when I change the mileage to 19,500, the payment goes up to $886

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
@portlandg is exactly right. The excess mileage charges are only in effect if you return the vehicle at the end of your term.

Buying additional mileage upfront on Ford Options is only allowed in a few states (check with your dealer). Additional miles may be added only at the time of vehicle sale when 19,500 mileage option is selected (eligibility varies by state).

The excess mileage charge on Ford Options if you return the vehicle at the end of your term and you are over your allowed mileage that you selected at inception (allowed + purchased) is $0.25 per mile (regardless of which mileage option you choose).

The plan is to have the same annual mileage options to choose from with Ford Options as you would with a traditional lease (7,500 to 19,500 per year). The residual is adjusted up or down depending on which mileage option you choose (other than 15,000 which is standard so no adjustment).

Hope that helps.
I may try to give my dealer a call today to see if they know anything about Ford Options, but would you happen to know which states Ford will offer additional mileage? I want to consider leasing, but I'm typically in the 20-21K miles per year due to my commute.

I also didn't realize just how bad the options pricing is currently, especially when compared to a Model Y lease.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I may try to give my dealer a call today to see if they know anything about Ford Options, but would you happen to know which states Ford will offer additional mileage? I want to consider leasing, but I'm typically in the 20-21K miles per year due to my commute.

I also didn't realize just how bad the options pricing is currently, especially when compared to a Model Y lease.
Yes, I do. Financing is a personal matter because everyone's situation is different and as such should be discussed with your dealer to work out what is best for you. There is planned to be a 19,500 per year mileage option you can select when structuring your contract. If your dealer has not read the Ford Options Handbook there are links to it available in the Mach-E Launch Playbook.

I will say this, if your profile is correct then you are not in an eligible state to buy excess mileage.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Yes, I do. Financing is a personal matter because everyone's situation is different and as such should be discussed with your dealer to work out what is best for you. There is planned to be a 19,500 per year mileage option you can select when structuring your contract. If your dealer has not read the Ford Options Handbook there are links to it available in the Mach-E Launch Playbook.

I will say this, if your profile is correct then you are not in an eligible state to buy excess mileage.
Thanks for the info!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So I contacted my Dealer's sales manager to just let him know that the Ford Options plan is not such a great deal. He actually had never heard of it yet. So I sent him the link.
https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options/ford-options
Before he looked at the link he called me to tell me they were still waiting on training from Ford on all the different things about the MME. I asked him if he saw my email that explained the program at the link? Then he opened it and sheepishly said if I found it, he guesses he should have been able to. I then explained how it worked to him.
To be fair, these guys seem to wait for the info from Ford, vs. us who hang on every bit as excited customers. But still . . .

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
So I contacted my Dealer's sales manager to just let him know that the Ford Options plan is not such a great deal. He actually had never heard of it yet. So I sent him the link.
https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options/ford-options
Before he looked at the link he called me to tell me they were still waiting on training from Ford on all the different things about the MME. I asked him if he saw my email that explained the program at the link? Then he opened it and sheepishly said if I found it, he guesses he should have been able to. I then explained how it worked to him.
To be fair, these guys seem to wait for the info from Ford, vs. us who hang on every bit as excited customers. But still . . .
I know I will have to educate my salesman about the Mach-e. I knew more than he did about my Ecoboost. :D However, the dealer's financial manager knows her stuff.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
Woof .. those "residual" values are awful. 59k configured Premium ER AWD (infinite blue and white interior) as I was going to buy comes up to a $1,016 payment for 36 month, 12k miles lease. Ballon payment amount is 25k. They are expecting nearly 35k in depreciation for 3 years 36k miles. That's like a ~40% residual.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Woof .. those "residual" values are awful. 59k configured Premium ER AWD (infinite blue and white interior) as I was going to buy comes up to a $1,016 payment for 36 month, 12k miles lease. Ballon payment amount is 25k. They are expecting nearly 35k in depreciation for 3 years 36k miles. That's like a ~40% residual.
What would be a typical residual value %?
Sponsored