methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
The REx i3 did not have a heat pump due to the fuel tank but the BEV versions did have a heat pump.
Ah - that makes sense.
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
A new Bolt can be had for less than $20k after tax credit. It's hard to compete with that on price.
I am not as familiar with the Bolt as I am with the i3. The Bolt has much more range but is also much more of an economy car - which is good for costs and service. If you have an opportunity to test drive an i3, I would recommend it! The Bolt is probably a more practical lower cost option, but be sure to get one with the updated battery.
Some people complain that the Mach-E ride is harsh, but I have a buddy who has a Bolt, and the one time I was in it I was really shocked at how uncomfortable it rode over my local streets, leaps and bounds harsher than the Mach-E (which I personally think isn’t harsh at all).

OP
OP
Maquis

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Update:
Thanks to all who responded. I called the number that was on the handwritten sign on the car. I got the automated attendant of a mega dealership more than 100 miles away. I hung up and am no longer interested in the car.

• Wow
Reactions: ARK

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Yep, buddy of mine bought a i3 for $20k little while ago. Then got a $18k repair estimate when it crapped the bed. (But it's AZ and nothing can take the heat well here)
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: ARK