Anyone have 21G01 (Blue Cruise) installed by a MA dealer?

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
After the disastrous time I had with my dealership trying to get CSP 21P22 installed correctly I’m not looking to go back to them for Blue Cruise. If anyone in Eastern Mass has a good experience with their dealer doing these updates let me know. I’ll drive across the state if it means going to a dealership that knows how to do updates.
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Have you given any consideration to applying the updates yourself via FDRS?

I could lend you my mongoose cable + power supply, but would need something to hold as collateral until you returned them.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you given any consideration to applying the updates yourself via FDRS?

I could lend you my mongoose cable + power supply, but would need something to hold as collateral until you returned them.
Thank you for the offer, I’m not ready to do that yet. If something goes wrong I want it to be at a dealership and their responsibility to fix it.

I just know my dealership isn’t going to do this update right. I’m hoping someone has a good experience and I can go there.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Thank you for the offer, I’m not ready to do that yet. If something goes wrong I want it to be at a dealership and their responsibility to fix it.

I just know my dealership isn’t going to do this update right. I’m hoping someone has a good experience and I can go there.
After having done all the steps myself in FDRS, I can see why dealerships are reluctant to do the software updates.
It takes a loooong time for some of the modules to be updated. If they are tying up a repair bay for ~8 hours, that's time they could have been billing to fix mechanical problems on someone else's car.

Do you know what OTA you are on? Once you get up to 2.4.1, I think you have a shot at getting all the way to Blue Cruise via OTA in a matter of several days, but who knows.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After having done all the steps myself in FDRS, I can see why dealerships are reluctant to do the software updates.
It takes a loooong time for some of the modules to be updated. If they are tying up a repair bay for ~8 hours, that's time they could have been billing to fix mechanical problems on someone else's car.

Do you know what OTA you are on? Once you get up to 2.4.1, I think you have a shot at getting all the way to Blue Cruise via OTA in a matter of several days, but who knows.
Yeah I totally get that, but ford is paying them for 8 hours of work when in reality they are probably just going over and hitting go every once and a while.

They probably should restructure their bays to have a dedicated update area that’s clear of any repair bays. Especially with EVs software updates are going to be the new oil change.

I’m on 2.3.0 which I got in January,so that’s as “up to date” as you can get outside of early access. I’m hoping 2.4.1+ or whatever it will eventually be numbered will be rolling out soon.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
After the disastrous time I had with my dealership trying to get CSP 21P22 installed correctly I’m not looking to go back to them for Blue Cruise.
Job 2 so BC is not an issue, but now that Ford made my car eligible for 21P22 I am in search of a capable dealership myself. I guess I can eliminate yours, who did you say they were?
Not that it means much, but I learned that you can filter Dealer locations on Ford.com by EV Certified with advanced search, FWIW.
Planning on calling my salesman tomorrow to see if he has any 411. He is Blackbelt EV smart and I think will be candid about the subject.
This will be a good thread to compare notes, thanks for starting it Chip.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Job 2 so BC is not an issue, but now that Ford made my car eligible for 21P22 I am in search of a capable dealership myself. I guess I can eliminate yours, who did you say they were?
Not that it means much, but I learned that you can filter Dealer locations on Ford.com by EV Certified with advanced search, FWIW.
Planning on calling my salesman tomorrow to see if he has any 411. He is Blackbelt EV smart and I think will be candid about the subject.
This will be a good thread to compare notes, thanks for starting it Chip.
That’s really good to know! I didn’t know you could filter by EV certification.

My dealership is Bonnell Ford in Winchester. I hate to have to go to a different dealership because they have been really good to me and my family in the past for more traditional service issues, including saving us a couple grand on an engine replacement last year. It’s just my last interaction with them trying to get 21P22 done left a very bad taste in my mouth. I had to borderline get in an argument with the service advisor, service manager, and tech over completing a job that had only done half of, but billed Ford for all of. They did finally do it, begrudgingly.

The kicker is I thought I was set with this dealership because my service adviser OWNS A MACH E! I figured she would be all over the software updates, but she fought me on it too. When I saw how complicated the Blue Cruise update is I knew I couldn’t trust them to do it all.

If you find a service department with a good tech who understands how to do updates please let me know.

fokkerlit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Country flag
IRA Ford in Auburn, MA did my 21P22 update, I didn't even know they were going to be doing it when I brought my car in but it was done when I got it back. They've also replaced some control module for my charging system because it was broken from the factory. Took them a while to figure it out but they got it working. Not the best in communication/customer service, but they got the update done without issue.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
IRA Ford in Auburn, MA did my 21P22 update, I didn't even know they were going to be doing it when I brought my car in but it was done when I got it back. They've also replaced some control module for my charging system because it was broken from the factory. Took them a while to figure it out but they got it working. Not the best in communication/customer service, but they got the update done without issue.
Good to know, thanks! Do you think you’ll bring your car in for this update?

fokkerlit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Country flag
Good to know, thanks! Do you think you’ll bring your car in for this update?
Depends on if I get it OTA in the next month or so and what the word on the forum's is. If it seems like no one outside of EA is getting it OTA then I'll bring it in, if it's flowing I might wait it out. I don't spend a ton of time on BC roads so I'm not in a huge rush, but I would like to use it later this spring/summer for trips to Six Flags.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Depends on if I get it OTA in the next month or so and what the word on the forum's is. If it seems like no one outside of EA is getting it OTA then I'll bring it in, if it's flowing I might wait it out. I don't spend a ton of time on BC roads so I'm not in a huge rush, but I would like to use it later this spring/summer for trips to Six Flags.
I was thinking the same thing. I’ll give it 2 or 3 weeks and if we aren’t allowed on the “escalator” by then I’ll make an appointment.
I figured I’d start this threat now so I had an idea where to go if that happened.

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
I have a Job 1 MME. I had Best Ford in Nashua, NH do the CSP21P22 update and it went very smoothly. Last time I checked about windshield and roof recalls they said they were not ready to do those yet. I currently have OTA 2.3.0 update and am anxiously waiting for the Blue Cruise updates to start. Its been a long wait for Blue Cruise!

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a Job 1 MME. I had Best Ford in Nashua, NH do the CSP21P22 update and it went very smoothly. Last time I checked about windshield and roof recalls they said they were not ready to do those yet. I currently have OTA 2.3.0 update and am anxiously waiting for the Blue Cruise updates to start. Its been a long wait for Blue Cruise!
That’s great to hear! They should be able to do the update for you now if you wanted to bring it in. If not you’ll have to wait for the OTAs.
Sponsored