mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
What roads in New England work with Blue Cruise?

My car just arrived at the dealer and I took it for a spin (completing purchaselater this week). I went on Routes 2, 495, and 3 and they were all running cruise control in hands on the steering wheel mode.

The settings have handsfree cruise control enabled. So I'm pretty sure the car has Blue Cruise active.

Thanks!!
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I believe BlueCruise has to be activated when the car is purchased. I drove one a month or so ago and it was the same.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag

My car just arrived at the dealer and I took it for a spin (completing purchaselater this week). I went on Routes 2, 495, and 3 and they were all running cruise control in hands on the steering wheel mode.

The settings have handsfree cruise control enabled. So I'm pretty sure the car has Blue Cruise active.

Thanks!!
Is that Bonnell Ford in the background of your profile photo? We drove by the dealership this morning and my wife was like "There is a blue Mach E parked out front and it looks just like yours....".

I believe one of the constraints on Blue Cruise is that the road must be a divided highway. So, definitely 495 and possibly Rt 2 would be eligible. I don't know for sure because my MME has yet to offer me a Blue Cruise option. (January build)

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER / AWD Built 12/21
Country flag

Thanks!!
You have to go in to connected services in your account (I believe online / not via the app) and enable your connected services. You should see Blue Cruise in there.

I've used is on 128 / 95 / 24 and even parts of RT 1

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You have to go in to connected services in your account (I believe online / not via the app) and enable your connected services. You should see Blue Cruise in there.

I've used is on 128 / 95 / 24 and even parts of RT 1
Which is why it doesn't work on an unsold vehicle.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Is that Bonnell Ford in the background of your profile photo? We drove by the dealership this morning and my wife was like "There is a blue Mach E parked out front and it looks just like yours....".
One of their service employees bought their mannequin Mach-E so there’s usually one parked there. It’s an IB AWD. I’ll be bringing my IB there next week for the 10k and some updates. I hope they know how to work on it.

As for Blue Cruise, the map shows a lot of highways in MA as available, but it’s very low res. Would be great if someone could make a list of where they’ve had success with it.

OP
OP
mattbostonmache

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Yes, that was Bonnell. I ordered my first Mach E from them but ended up turning it down (that was in April and I had hopes of the new tax rebate passing and being point of sale)

my new order that just came in is at Acton Ford (I would have gone back to Bonnell, but they weren’t taking x-plan anymore.

I’m excited to be a few days away from getting my car!!

I believe one of the constraints on Blue Cruise is that the road must be a divided highway. So, definitely 495 and possibly Rt 2 would be eligible. I don't know for sure because my MME has yet to offer me a Blue Cruise option. (January build)

OP
OP
mattbostonmache

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Thanks everyone for explaining that Blue Cruise needs to be activated upon purchase. Now this makes total sense since the initial subscription period is three years.

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
Yes, that was Bonnell. I ordered my first Mach E from them but ended up turning it down (that was in April and I had hopes of the new tax rebate passing and being point of sale)

my new order that just came in is at Acton Ford (I would have gone back to Bonnell, but they weren’t taking x-plan anymore.

I’m excited to be a few days away from getting my car!!
Bonnell not taking x-plan? They better be as I squared that up when I placed my order in May.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
So far It has only kicked in on 128 in Woburn for me. Nothing on 495 (Haverhill to 93) or 93 (495 to 128). Traveling to Portland this w/e. Will see if it works on the Maine TP.

OP
OP
mattbostonmache

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Bonnell not taking x-plan? They better be as I squared that up when I placed my order in May.
That was in August. If they said they were taking it when you ordered in May, you should be ok.

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
That was in August. If they said they were taking it when you ordered in May, you should be ok.
I sent the salesman a message asking about it and he has yet to respond. My mistake is trusting they would keep their word and not getting it in writing, although I’m not sure that would make a difference anyways. My order is due in end of January.
Sponsored