Country flag
-Build Date : 11/2/21​
-Ship Date : 11/3/21​
-Arrived Kansas City : 12/9/21​
-Ford email to complete purchase : 12/22/21​
-Dealer Contacted : 12/22/21 Does not have it.​
-Ford Contacted : 12/23/21 Delivered to dealer 12/22/21​
Dealer again said they did not have it and had no idea where it is.​
1/10/22 After Repeated calls to Ford and dealer(General Manager). Neither know where it is. And neither one seems to care. Ford Recall and NHTSA do not indicate any recalls. I have exhausted all avenues at Ford and my dealer mostly ignores my communications.​
Is anyone else experiencing this or have suggestions?​
Thank you.​
Sponsored

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
If you invested some money and have the VIN number, tell the dealer you want to report it stolen. Having the police involved may get their attention.

rzanzerkia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Acura TL, 2016 MB GLE350, 2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
OP: This is the case of cars stuck at rail yards (particularly early December drops) .
There are several of us in this situation.
Hack I paid full price of car thinking it was to be delivered 12/21/21 and nothing.
It's not dealer's fault, it's Ford holding the car.
One user traced my car and it says "HOLD by Ford'.
I also get emails from Ford congratulating on my purchase etc. (as if I have the car).
This is a major issue and we are not getting the help we should.
If you ask Ford they will say contact dealer and dealer does not have much more insight that it's on hold.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
OP: This is the case of cars stuck at rail yards (particularly early December drops) .
Hack I paid full price of car thinking it was to be delivered 12/21/21 and nothing.
I also get emails from Ford congratulating on my purchase etc. (as if I have the car).
If you ask Ford they will say contact dealer and dealer does not have much more insight that it's on hold.
If you paid in full for the car to try and get the tax credit in 2021, that's crazy. Any decent account

rzanzerkia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you paid in full for the car to try and get the tax credit in 2021, that's crazy. Any decent account
Yea crazy :)
I know we want this car and wanted to lock in the deal.
Dealer was also eager to close the deal!

I did not suspect delivery going beyond 2021 (original ETA Dec 17-21)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I think your accountant, or the IRS, is going to question claiming the 2021 tax credit. You didn't place it in service, even if you did title and register and insure it. And, if you did title and register and insure it, and it was destroyed before the dealer got it, I suspect your insurance company would refuse the claim.

I think all you did was incur loan payments prior to owning a vehicle, and in an IRS audit, you're going to lose. But, I'm not an accountant, nor the IRS.

rzanzerkia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think your accountant, or the IRS, is going to question claiming the 2021 tax credit. You didn't place it in service, even if you did title and register and insure it. And, if you did title and register and insure it, and it was destroyed before the dealer got it, I suspect your insurance company would refuse the claim.

I think all you did was incur loan payments prior to owning a vehicle, and in an IRS audit, you're going to lose. But, I'm not an accountant, nor the IRS.
Yes claiming in 2021 is out the window now...
I only paid and did the contract because I was going to be out of the country last 2 1/2 weeks of 2021.
My son was going to pick up the car.
No loans, I sold off one of other car and added money to buy this one.
Come on Ford deliver the car already :)

OP
OP
NO_ICE

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you invested some money and have the VIN number, tell the dealer you want to report it stolen. Having the police involved may get their attention.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have already requested the dealer to consider the car as stolen and report it but they declined.

OP
OP
NO_ICE

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I completely blame Ford for losing the car but my dealer shares in the blame for the frustration. My dealership has done nothing proactively and is completely desensitized by Ford’s broken screwed up system. What little information the dealer has was provided by me.

I 100% believe :
- The car is not at the dealership.
- No one knows if or when it will make it to the dealership.
- No one knows what condition it will be in if and when it makes to the dealership.
- I will never deal with Ford again. Cancelled my Lightning reservation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NO_ICE

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Initially I thought purchasing a vehicle online with a company like Ford who has dealerships would be a plus. But as it turns out the dealership is a powerless third party that makes the process more complicated and frustrating.

As I look for an alternative EV SUV (I am not expecting our MME to appear anytime soon) I will give heavy weight to companies that sell directly such as Tesla and Rivian.
Sponsored