Anyway to convert a lease to get tax credit?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
No, I don't see a drastic change in the Q123 residuals vs. Q322 residuals (that's what I could find). All the trims are +/- about 1 point.
Seems like leasing then may have been a hidden way to get a de facto partial tax credit while the $55,000 cap was in place then, now made moot.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
But they already gave you more than half the credit if itā€™s built into the residual, right? Your monthly payment would be higher without it.
Remember there is no residual since Ford wonā€™t allow end of lease buyouts. I would think the deal could be changed from a lease to an Options purchase since the financing isnā€™t finalized until delivery.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Remember there is no residual since Ford wonā€™t allow end of lease buyouts. I would think the deal could be changed from a lease to an Options purchase since the financing isnā€™t finalized until delivery.
There is still a residual value. How else would they be able to calculate your payments?

Not sure what you mean by your second statement since he has already taken delivery of the car he found on the lot.
Sponsored