David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Another noob question I couldn’t find using search.

This morning I dropped off the wife at our shop. When she got out the car said no key detected. Now I have used PAAK exclusively since I picked the car up in September.

I look at the Bluetooth setting on my phone I see a 57xxx Mach E in addition one with the vehicle name set up. The first one connects for a couple of seconds then goes to connecting and repeats. I don’t have the option to remove that client.

What is that and what does it do?

The Ford Pass app says Bluetooth disconnected but the phone shows connected to the second client contiguously.
How is it getting all the statistical info if it’s not connected?

I am still out so I can’t do the whole reset thing until I get home.
Sponsored

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Where does CarPlay fall into this? (And are you using wireless CarPlay or wired?)

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
A search for "no key detected" returns 25 pages of results. I think you should be able to find your answer in one of those pages.

TLDR: No Key Detected has nothing to do with CarPlay. It's just PaaK being buggy.

OP
OP
david_quick

david_quick

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A search for "no key detected" returns 25 pages of results. I think you should be able to find your answer in one of those pages.

TLDR: No Key Detected has nothing to do with CarPlay. It's just PaaK being buggy.
The problem with search is you have to use the correct terminology. PAAK is tied to BT. Car Play comes in because it was not doing CarPlay things and the two BT connections were flakey. Caused me to assume it was a CP and BT issue. The phone had done an update overnight and the car was trying to do an update this morning ( kept getting the process interrupted message). Wired interactions going n.

Once I got home I deleted the PAAK. And recreated it. Now it’s happy.

OP
OP
david_quick

david_quick

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Another noob question I couldn’t find using search.

This morning I dropped off the wife at our shop. When she got out the car said no key detected. Now I have used PAAK exclusively since I picked the car up in September.

I look at the Bluetooth setting on my phone I see a 57xxx Mach E in addition one with the vehicle name set up. The first one connects for a couple of seconds then goes to connecting and repeats. I don’t have the option to remove that client.

What is that and what does it do?

The Ford Pass app says Bluetooth disconnected but the phone shows connected to the second client contiguously.
How is it getting all the statistical info if it’s not connected?

I am still out so I can’t do the whole reset thing until I get home.
Update: once I got home I deleted the phone key in FordPass and recreated it. Once that was done all the flakiness disappeared. I is now happy.

OP
OP
david_quick

david_quick

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Where does CarPlay fall into this? (And are you using wireless CarPlay or wired?)
Using wireless.
The first indication was inability to play audio book. Looking at BT, connections were inconsistent as stated. Then wife got out of car and got the no key detected. FordPass said no BT. Assumed both problems were related.

My current theory is the 53xxx MachE client is the key. It would not maintain a connection.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
The problem with search is you have to use the correct terminology. PAAK is tied to BT. Car Play comes in because it was not doing CarPlay things and the two BT connections were flakey. Caused me to assume it was a CP and BT issue. The phone had done an update overnight and the car was trying to do an update this morning ( kept getting the process interrupted message). Wired interactions going n.

You're making some incorrect assumptions here. The BT connection for PaaK is not the same as the BT connection for the phone to the vehicle for audio/phone. Additionally, wireless CarPlay doesn't use BT, it uses WiFi. The BT protocol doesn't have the bandwidth to support CarPlay. BT is used in the establishment of CarPlay, but only to recognize the device and initiate a connection, however it's still not the same BT connection that PaaK uses.

Resetting PaaK won't fix the key not detected error. It will likely return. It's a known bug with PaaK and something that we've been dealing with since the inception of the MachE.

As a search trick, the forum search isn't the greatest, I'll give it that, but if you use google to search the forum you'll often find better results. Try this in google and you should see it's much more helpful:

"no key detected" site:macheforum.com

Last edited:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
LOL Oh you sweet summer child. There is no real fix for PAAK. Not, at least, something we can do ourselves. It will continue to act up from time to time. No key detected is pretty rare, fortunately, but delay in waking upon approach to unlock your car door is more frequent. You can either live with the occasional crap outs, as I have, or resign yourself to carrying the much more reliable fob.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
LOL Oh you sweet summer child. There is no real fix for PAAK. Not, at least, something we can do ourselves. It will continue to act up from time to time. No key detected is pretty rare, fortunately, but delay in waking upon approach to unlock your car door is more frequent. You can either live with the occasional crap outs, as I have, or resign yourself to carrying the much more reliable fob.
One of the things I really like about the MME is having a key fob and not having to rely on PAAK (as I had to with the MY that I traded in. Tesla's PAAK was often slow to respond and occasionally I had to use the key card).

And I use a small ring on the key fob for things like the sku code for my fitness center and to access our yacht club in Morro Bay.
Sponsored