Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
MyKey is such a bad name for that feature. It should be called KidKey or ValetKey. ??‍♂?
Sponsored

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Absolutely Ford MyKey has a maximum setting.

It's likely too late - but a warning. Ford MyKey requires an administrative key to change the settings. If you have two fobs, you're fine. If you don't, you may have just hosed yourself and have to go to the dealer to get it reset.
So if I set MYKey to say 50mph on the one and only FOB they gave us, I can't use the PAAK/CRAAP to reverse that change when the 'borrowed' MME returns?

I mean every time you step out of the car, you could set MyKey to 10MPH to 'help prevent theft' but if you only have one key, you'll be taking a long long drive to the Ford dealer to get them to reset it.

/Master Reset doesn't work?

/Sounds like a even better reason to have two keys issued...

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So if I set MYKey to say 50mph on the one and only FOB they gave us, I can't use the PAAK/CRAAP to reverse that change when the 'borrowed' MME returns?

I mean every time you step out of the car, you could set MyKey to 10MPH to 'help prevent theft' but if you only have one key, you'll be taking a long long drive to the Ford dealer to get them to reset it.

/Master Reset doesn't work?
Correct. You must switch the vehicle on using an admin key. No exceptions. Whole section in the manual.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Correct. You must switch the vehicle on using an admin key. No exceptions. Whole section in the manual.
Wonder how many times I can have my 24/7 free tows bring in eVee before they give in and give me a second FOB?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Wonder how many times I can have my 24/7 free tows bring in eVee before they give in and give me a second FOB?
Keep in mind that the dealer is going to charge you money to hook the car up and turn off the MyKey. Figure an hour of labor. That's not a warranty item.

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag
So that is why the Skoda beat us in that AutoTopNL review.
Sponsored