Electrify America "maximum power has been reduced"

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Saw this message intermittently on 2 of 4 stations when stopping in Kittery, ME this morning.

All were unoccupied, so I used one of the stations without the message, but I still seemed to be limited to ~61kW. 49% starting charge, and Nav preconditioned me to 80 deg F before arrival. I did not call the number.

I guess I'm glad they're telling us this now? Previously, I've suspected this station has been de-rated without any explanations whatsoever.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrify America "maximum power has been reduced" IMG_1271

And then this was also being displayed on one of the units. I wish these things had something other than Windows running behind the scenes. Would it be that hard to design a kiosk UI based on Linux?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrify America "maximum power has been reduced" IMG_1270

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
And then this was also being displayed on one of the units. I wish these things had something other than Windows running behind the scenes. Would it be that hard to design a kiosk UI based on Linux?
It has nothing to do with Windows. They under-specced the embedded computer, so the OS is running out of memory. I've designed several kiosks running all manner of Windows, and the OS was never the issue.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I've seen that first message for at least a year, if not more.

hjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Mustang, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
And this is why I will have a Lightning and a Mach-E with an outdated connector come next year (or 2025) and will need to carry a TESLA adaptor (which if we actually get to use their chargers might not be so bad except for the cost). Just can't get the major charge providers to install/upkeep equipment. At least in the past EA followed the message of reduced charging speed with a "it's free" message but maybe they gave up on that since so much of their charging ends up with no income.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Used an EA location yesterday.......1 would only give me 34kw so I moved and that one only gave me 70. Fortunately I did not need much to complete my drive, but still....
Sponsored