Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had the same red ring of death. Turns out it was the car, not the charger. My friend brought his EV over and it worked fine. Ford replaced the charging port and it was good after that. Now they've issued a recall for the original charging port, which can be compromised by the amount of electricity running through it. Did you get this recall?
Can you please point me to info on this recall; what year is yours? Mine has been put into limp mode charging. This is a car problem also not the charger.

MachELurker

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium ER
Country flag
I have a Smart Grizzl-e Level 2 - set to 40A and have had mine for a little over one year now - I did get everything connected to the house wifi - 2.4 GHz and app can see it - however, since day one sometimes it would stop charging or not charge to include with only having the vehicle in control of schedule for charging and turned the app off for scheduling so that it would not conflict with the Ford App. Then once and a while would get faults - 8 red flashing and would have to reset with the breaker.
I then blocked the charger on my WiFi - and made it "dumb".....now it works all the time for the past 4 months and no faults and every time it has charged the vehicle on the set schedule in the Ford App and stops at the set point. Works great when it is in the "Dumb" mode..... Yep, wasted extra $$$ for the smart function - but I do not want to go through United Charges Tech Support and probably need to ship back. It functions just fine in the dumb mode and very well built. I did see the posts on problems and made sure to torque the terminals prior to using.
Blocking the Grizzl-E from my WiFi also fixed my charge fault errors and has worked perfectly fine since. Do you by chance use Unifi access points? Maybe it's a compatibility issue between the two if so.
Sponsored