Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Corporate Travel Consultant
Country flag
Never had a Ford. I envisioned a Mustang GT as a midlife crisis car, but nope, never even wanted a Ford til the Mach-E came onto the scene.
Same I’ve never owned. Ford my entire life. Last 20 years has been Cadillac and when GM did not have a reasonable option I looked elsewhere. Mach E is sleek and stylish had most of the same options as Cadillac. Lyriq was very hard to find at the time and dealership had a $10K markup “regional pricing”

I’m glad I made the switch
Sponsored

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME eAWD Sel, 2022 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 1949 8N
Country flag
Every vehicle I’ve owned with one horrible exception (Pontiac Bonneville, very comfortable, persistent electrical gremlins) has been a Ford. We’ve had Mustangs in the extended family, but the closest I’ve personally owned was a MN12 Thunderbird. I even have a Ford tractor.

ChehRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext. Range
Occupation
ret
Country flag
Well, first was a Red Mustang in 1965 after grad school, and promptly drove across the country - a few toll roads and a few interstates. Next new Ford (with several other cars in-between) was a 1987 Taurus station wagon. It was a beautiful car, and still bewildered that Ford totally messed it up in the following years. But happy to be back with another Red Ford.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Funny thing is, it will be the fastest thing that most people have driven. Even car enthusiasts. I loved my 2001 Camaro SS that was cammed, but it isn't anything compared to the Mach E GT.
I have, multiple times, explained to people that while it is far from the fastest car I’ve had, it is far and away the quickest. It accelerates away from a stop like nothing I’ve ever been in that wasn’t a full on drag racing car, but it doesn’t have true top end legs. I honestly prefer the way it drives though, having all the power where it can be used effectively every day.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I had a 1967 coupe with a 200” inline 6 and a 3 speed stick, and a crammed v-6 1979 fox body.

neither of them were fast or quick for that matter, it they were both cars that I was proud to Cara “my mustang”. The Smurfmobile, on the other hand, is “my Mach-E”. When people ask me how I like it, I tell the “I love every single thing about it, except that they called it a Mustang”. For me, the impracticality of being a 2 door is part of what makes a Mustang a Mustang.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
First Ford for me. 1.5 years into it, I like the Mach-E and still think it’s the best non-Tesla EV on the market today.

lukew

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E CR1 Red
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
'02 Taurus ~90k -> 120k miles
'17 Fiesta 20 -> 89k
21 MME CR1

George Knighton

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE
Occupation
Retired. I'd say it was a mid life crisis, but not many people live to 140.
Country flag
2023 GTPE: First Ford I have ever owned.

MustangLinda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e X
Country flag
Our first car as newly-weds was a 1970 Mustang in Bright Yellow. We had the car for 17 years (254K miles) and sold it only because it was getting hard to find parts for it. We needed a daily driver, and it was no longer reliable enough to fullfill that role using junkyard parts. Still miss it!

Our 23 MME Premium ER is just what we need. We love it!
Sponsored