N/A
Country flag
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
These extra information might be available eventually from an app like Torque Pro through the OBD2 port on the Mach-E, probably all cars have them now has they need this port to access the car computer info, or another one develop especially for the Mach-E like they have for the Tesla's which is called Scan My Tesla although the OBD2 port on the Tesla is not easily accessible.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.emon.canbus.tesla&hl=en_US&gl=US
Thank you @ClaudeMach-E. Useful info. I will look around for the OBD-II port on the Mach-E when I go on my tour appointment.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you @ClaudeMach-E. Useful info. I will look around for the OBD-II port on the Mach-E when I go on my tour appointment.
Yes thatb would be a nice thing to know cause me too I'm thinking of getting one of those app to better know about the car and monitor SoH especially.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Originally Tesla Model Y not avaible in the UK and I want an electric SUV. So alternatives are:
Etron - expensive and not inspiring infotainment
EQC - actually really like it but its expensive
Skoda Enyaq - really close to ordering one. Software not exciting.
ID4 - not available in time for my lease timings.
Mach-e - fast, cool software, looks good, good price and arrives about the right time.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That's a big part of mine as well. Our Leaf has a nominal 100 mile range (30 kWh battery) and 50 kW charging. It's a pain on road trips as you spend 50% of your time charging. The Mach E looks great and I'm looking forward to the performance.

Climate change is one of the biggest threats we face and all of us on this Forum can take actions to address it. Home energy efficiency, choice of energy provider, avoid waste and energy intensive food, and our form of transportation are all places we can make a difference. We bought a Prius in 2011 and replaced it with a Leaf in 2017 (passing the Prius to our daughter). The fact that solar and wind powers most of our driving has a huge impact on our carbon footprint (still waiting for a BEV truck replacement for my 2002 Tacoma).

Honestly, though, the Leaf is a little dork mobile. It does the job but I'm ready to switch to a BEV I'll really enjoy while still making an impact. I seriously considered the Model 3 but needed a hatch for our lifestyle. Then there's the Musk problem and the quality issues. Before the Model Y was announced, I heard about the Mustang Mach E. I watched the reveal, fell in love with it, and reserved a First Edition during the reveal. I haven't regretted it at all. During the last 10 months I've been learning a lot more about BEVs and still don't see anything that can compete with it (certainly not the MY). The performance will be incredible, the looks are awesome, and it's a cross between a Mustang and a crossover. Lots more space than the Leaf but not a big bulky SUV. I wouldn't mind more ground clearance but the truck handles those needs. Best of all, an electric Mustang will attract folks who never thought they would consider a BEV.

If you want to know more about why I think climate change is so important watch the film Chasing Coral on Netflix or for free on the Netflix YouTube Channel (). I promise it will be a good use of your time and winning the 2017 Audience Award for Best US Documentary at Sundance and the 2018 Emmy for Best Nature Documentary signals a few other people thought it was good, too.
Here's another reason: to drive an electric car that doesn't look like a little dork-mobile (like my eLf, the Bolt, i3, id.x). This car is going to be a real head-turner and folks will say "that's an electric car"? I want to show folks that electric doesn't mean boring (and melted catfish don't count).

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
At this point, I wish I could remember why. My frustration is clouding my memory.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
At this point, I wish I could remember why. My frustration is clouding my memory.
I'm still frustrated, but getting over it. After realizing I wouldn't see mine this year, I looked back out at the alternatives - and that immediately showed me why I'm choosing the Mach-E.

Better looks, more features, local dealer network (not that they seem to be reliable), decent range, etc.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm still frustrated, but getting over it. After realizing I wouldn't see mine this year, I looked back out at the alternatives - and that immediately showed me why I'm choosing the Mach-E.

Better looks, more features, local dealer network (not that they seem to be reliable), decent range, etc.
How about better service network? The dealer is just the antiquated, flawed system to get you into the cars.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
How about better service network? The dealer is just the antiquated, flawed system to get you into the cars.
Oh yea - service network/dealer network are synonymous, no? That's really what I mean by dealer network. Having around 5 dealers within reasonable range to me should hopefully mean I could get something done even if a few aren't super helpful.

That doesn't help with the buying process since I'm stuck with where I placed my order, but should help with any after sales issues (hopefully they aren't like my local Hyundai dealer who basically refused to offer extra help since I didn't purchase from them).

EV's are pretty rare around where I live, outside of Tesla. So pretty much no local dealers of any kind have experience, or even stock/sell EVs (that I've seen), and with Tesla there's no service centers less than an hour or two's drive. This is where I appreciate Ford's push for EV certified dealers and extra dealer service requirements to sell the Mach-E.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

I echo your comments! Now I remember. I think I'd also add that it's available "now". It fits the timeline of when I'm looking for a new car. If the Nissan was available now, or if there was an E-Edge, I may have chosen something else.

Azure

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Mustang GT convertible, 2013 Escape Titanium, 2019 Ranger
Country flag
I don't usually post on blogs, but thought I would add my illogical decision to purchase a First Edition, Grabber Blue Mach E. After tuning in to the unveiling and seeing the color, I made my decision without any other details. My sailboat is exactly the same color!!!!

Azure.undrspkr.JPG

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Same here. Was getting kinda bitter the last couple of days (as I'm sure people could tell) at getting screwed over by Machdrop, Ford cancelling my Premium order as backup, the now $3600 differential, believing faulty insider info here on FE timing expectation, etc. But feeling better today. Shit happens. Life's too short to worry about blowing $3600 based on bad intel and bad luck. I'm in Vegas right now and blowing $3600 is nothing unusual (had far worse days than that, and far better.) Just gotta treat it as a gamble that lost, and move on. Already dealt with FAR too much frustration on this car order over the last year.
Sponsored