Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan leaf SV
Occupation
QA tech
Country flag
I'm also trading up from my Nissan leaf for a faster roomier great looking mach E that will go twice as far on a charge than my leaf did. Once you go ev you will never go back?
Sponsored

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Why:

Looks nice enough inside and out.

Should be much easier for my parents to enter/exit compared to my Fiesta, which is tough for them.

It's environmentally friendly and (hopefully) thrilling to drive at the same time.

I suspect maintenance costs will be significantly lower than otherwise-comparable luxury brand BEVs, and also lower than what I've read for Tesla maintenance (maybe ~$300/year for Tesla?)

Will be widely available in my region. Plenty of service centers, and expect parts to be readily available.

The manufacturer seems to be competent, ethical, and well managed. I definitely appreciate that they seem to value and promote team/teamwork successes, unlike some competitors that rely upon celebrity, false claims and inferences, dictatorial management, and an army of Stans.

The Mach-E team seems to have rallied behind making it worthy of an iconic nameplate, and upper management seems to be backing them, too. So this car is getting way more of Ford's attention than most of their other vehicles and this makes me very hopeful for a good owner experience.

Lots of ADAS... I'm looking forward to features like the cross traffic alerts, emergency braking, ACC, and driver attention monitoring (for long drives especially).

Homelink. Yay, finally.

The tech sounds great. Not going to get my hopes super high though, because the tech sounded great for MyFord Touch, too. (And it's not terrible. But it's not great.)

Hopes/Uncertainties:

Good thermal management for Phoenix. Parking in direct sun on huge asphalt parking lot, no trees, no ability to plug in.

Wants:

The price seems "fair" given current market options... But I definitely wish it were lower.

Smaller vehicle. Shorter, and maybe a bit narrower, so it's easier to park. Maybe also lower to the ground, ala hatchback... but I might change my mind about ride height after I've had it a while.

GT nose cone. The underlying 3D texture and lit pony look cool.

Infinite Blue, rather than Infinitely Grayish.

Longer/better battery warranty. Like maybe 12 years, 75% capacity.

More fast charging locations along routes leaving Phoenix in all possible directions. Like, a LOT more charging locations.

Removable front door pulls, without leaving behind drilled holes.

Service manual. PDF copy of owners manual.

Lay flat seats. Like what certain Hondas have, I think... Would be nice to recline front seat into rear seat cushion to use as bed at RV camp site, or for napping during charging session.

Sorry. This whole post ended up much longer than I expected.
We should be able to sleep in the back of it, the trunk floor folds flat with the rear seats at a slight incline overall. I had talk to a manufacturer of Tesla mattresses about making one for the mustang, and they said yes if we had enough people who wanted it. We should put together a list of people who would want one, I know I would for camping and such

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm also trading up from my Nissan leaf for a faster roomier great looking mach E that will go twice as far on a charge than my leaf did. Once you go ev you will never go back?
That's a big part of mine as well. Our Leaf has a nominal 100 mile range (30 kWh battery) and 50 kW charging. It's a pain on road trips as you spend 50% of your time charging. The Mach E looks great and I'm looking forward to the performance.

Climate change is one of the biggest threats we face and all of us on this Forum can take actions to address it. Home energy efficiency, choice of energy provider, avoid waste and energy intensive food, and our form of transportation are all places we can make a difference. We bought a Prius in 2011 and replaced it with a Leaf in 2017 (passing the Prius to our daughter). The fact that solar and wind powers most of our driving has a huge impact on our carbon footprint (still waiting for a BEV truck replacement for my 2002 Tacoma).

Honestly, though, the Leaf is a little dork mobile. It does the job but I'm ready to switch to a BEV I'll really enjoy while still making an impact. I seriously considered the Model 3 but needed a hatch for our lifestyle. Then there's the Musk problem and the quality issues. Before the Model Y was announced, I heard about the Mustang Mach E. I watched the reveal, fell in love with it, and reserved a First Edition during the reveal. I haven't regretted it at all. During the last 10 months I've been learning a lot more about BEVs and still don't see anything that can compete with it (certainly not the MY). The performance will be incredible, the looks are awesome, and it's a cross between a Mustang and a crossover. Lots more space than the Leaf but not a big bulky SUV. I wouldn't mind more ground clearance but the truck handles those needs. Best of all, an electric Mustang will attract folks who never thought they would consider a BEV.

If you want to know more about why I think climate change is so important watch the film Chasing Coral on Netflix or for free on the Netflix YouTube Channel (). I promise it will be a good use of your time and winning the 2017 Audience Award for Best US Documentary at Sundance and the 2018 Emmy for Best Nature Documentary signals a few other people thought it was good, too.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
To save the planet.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
I wanted to add another couple reasons:

Doors with frames around the windows.

I really love the door handle-less design! It looks slick and dead simple to use! And the Tesla model 3 and Model Y handles look like a pain.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I wanted to add another couple reasons:

Doors with frames around the windows.

I really love the door handle-less design! It looks slick and dead simple to use! And the Tesla model 3 and Model Y handles look like a pain.
My only real complaint about the Mini (I accept the low range because it meets my wife's commute needs). The whole frameless window thing is so 1970. I don't care how clever the electronics are to make certain it seals, or supports a convertible top on non-EV models. It just feels cheap, especially when it rattles in the door when you close it (T***A).

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
That's a big part of mine as well. Our Leaf has a nominal 100 mile range (30 kWh battery) and 50 kW charging. It's a pain on road trips as you spend 50% of your time charging. The Mach E looks great and I'm looking forward to the performance.

Climate change is one of the biggest threats we face and all of us on this Forum can take actions to address it. Home energy efficiency, choice of energy provider, avoid waste and energy intensive food, and our form of transportation are all places we can make a difference. We bought a Prius in 2011 and replaced it with a Leaf in 2017 (passing the Prius to our daughter). The fact that solar and wind powers most of our driving has a huge impact on our carbon footprint (still waiting for a BEV truck replacement for my 2002 Tacoma).

Honestly, though, the Leaf is a little dork mobile. It does the job but I'm ready to switch to a BEV I'll really enjoy while still making an impact. I seriously considered the Model 3 but needed a hatch for our lifestyle. Then there's the Musk problem and the quality issues. Before the Model Y was announced, I heard about the Mustang Mach E. I watched the reveal, fell in love with it, and reserved a First Edition during the reveal. I haven't regretted it at all. During the last 10 months I've been learning a lot more about BEVs and still don't see anything that can compete with it (certainly not the MY). The performance will be incredible, the looks are awesome, and it's a cross between a Mustang and a crossover. Lots more space than the Leaf but not a big bulky SUV. I wouldn't mind more ground clearance but the truck handles those needs. Best of all, an electric Mustang will attract folks who never thought they would consider a BEV.

If you want to know more about why I think climate change is so important watch the film Chasing Coral on Netflix or for free on the Netflix YouTube Channel (). I promise it will be a good use of your time and winning the 2017 Audience Award for Best US Documentary at Sundance and the 2018 Emmy for Best Nature Documentary signals a few other people thought it was good, too.
Mark, I watched that shortly after I started seeing you here. Highly recommend to anyone here who has these same concerns. Excellent film.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
It's the first Ford BEV with acceptable range, and I'm a loyal Ford customer. On top of that, it's an awesome looking vehicle that doesn't scream 'COMPLIANCE'. It's the future and I want to be part of it now. I can't see myself in a Tesla either.

I wish it had auto-dimming rear view mirrors, heated rear and cooled front seats. Can't have it all I suppose, but it's awfully close.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Teslas frameless windows bug me. It is just wrong to have a hardtop door design without deleting the B pillar. Just doesnt look right.

Here is hardtop done right.
(My father-in-laws car...)

61 Bel Air front bumper.jpg

61 Bel Air rear bumper.jpg

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Rearview mirror is auto dimming.

Side mirrors are not.

At least according to the US ordering guide from June that was floating around.

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks, dealer network and my first BEV. I had a Chevy Volt and my current Hyundai Hybrid
Sponsored