Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
More fast charging locations along routes leaving Phoenix in all possible directions. Like, a LOT more charging locations.
They could benefit from a large charging station at Sunset Point at the top of the hill after Black Canyon City. Maybe another one at Cordes Junction and as you're coming into the valley at Anthem. I haven't lived in Phoenix for almost 10 years so I'm not sure what's out there now, but in between those locations, there isn't really much of anything and I believe its mostly BLM land. (I know that's just one way out, but it was the one I took the most as my mother lives in Prescott)
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Rearview mirror is auto dimming.

Side mirrors are not.

At least according to the US ordering guide from June that was floating around.
Are there many cars with auto-dimming side mirrors these days?

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
That's a big part of mine as well. Our Leaf has a nominal 100 mile range (30 kWh battery) and 50 kW charging. It's a pain on road trips as you spend 50% of your time charging. The Mach E looks great and I'm looking forward to the performance.

Climate change is one of the biggest threats we face and all of us on this Forum can take actions to address it. Home energy efficiency, choice of energy provider, avoid waste and energy intensive food, and our form of transportation are all places we can make a difference. We bought a Prius in 2011 and replaced it with a Leaf in 2017 (passing the Prius to our daughter). The fact that solar and wind powers most of our driving has a huge impact on our carbon footprint (still waiting for a BEV truck replacement for my 2002 Tacoma).

Honestly, though, the Leaf is a little dork mobile. It does the job but I'm ready to switch to a BEV I'll really enjoy while still making an impact. I seriously considered the Model 3 but needed a hatch for our lifestyle. Then there's the Musk problem and the quality issues. Before the Model Y was announced, I heard about the Mustang Mach E. I watched the reveal, fell in love with it, and reserved a First Edition during the reveal. I haven't regretted it at all. During the last 10 months I've been learning a lot more about BEVs and still don't see anything that can compete with it (certainly not the MY). The performance will be incredible, the looks are awesome, and it's a cross between a Mustang and a crossover. Lots more space than the Leaf but not a big bulky SUV. I wouldn't mind more ground clearance but the truck handles those needs. Best of all, an electric Mustang will attract folks who never thought they would consider a BEV.

If you want to know more about why I think climate change is so important watch the film Chasing Coral on Netflix or for free on the Netflix YouTube Channel (). I promise it will be a good use of your time and winning the 2017 Audience Award for Best US Documentary at Sundance and the 2018 Emmy for Best Nature Documentary signals a few other people thought it was good, too.
This is an awesome film. It does an amazing job of explaining what's happening to our planet by focusing on Coral. I always thought of Coral as rock, but this shows it as a living thing that is being negatively impacted by changes in ocean temperatures. It really gives pause.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This is an awesome film. It does an amazing job of explaining what's happening to our planet by focusing on Coral. I always thought of Coral as rock, but this shows it as a living thing that is being negatively impacted by changes in ocean temperatures. It really gives pause.
As an avid scuba diver on a coral rich island with crystal clear waters, I also recommend the movie. Shifting baselines really cloud our vision and understanding of how things are changing and how much they have already changed. Corals are, in many ways, the canaries in the coal mines.

Just my opinion, I’ve been known to be wrong.

Last edited:

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Rearview mirror is auto dimming.

Side mirrors are not.

At least according to the US ordering guide from June that was floating around.
I love my Model 3's auto dimming side mirrors when driving at night. When backing up a driveway at night, parking at night, etc... less so :p

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
They could benefit from a large charging station at Sunset Point at the top of the hill after Black Canyon City. Maybe another one at Cordes Junction and as you're coming into the valley at Anthem. I haven't lived in Phoenix for almost 10 years so I'm not sure what's out there now, but in between those locations, there isn't really much of anything and I believe its mostly BLM land. (I know that's just one way out, but it was the one I took the most as my mother lives in Prescott)
That'd be very welcome. Right now there IS a DCFC in Anthem, but nothing north of that until you've made it up the steep hill to Flagstaff.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why are you purchasing a Ford Mache? 1602898489119

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Are there many cars with auto-dimming side mirrors these days?
are you saying they stopped being a thing or you don't think they were ever a thing? because my Fusion has them and they are wonderful at night.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
are you saying they stopped being a thing or you don't think they were ever a thing? because my Fusion has them and they are wonderful at night.
I’m wondering because it hasn’t been on any car I’ve owned.

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Mach E fits my personality:

1. likes to go fast
2. thoughtfully styled and designed
3. American and "Software First Company"
4. engineered with passion for fun and to be competitive

5. MacEforum info has been educational, suspenseful, entertaining. Thx to you and others
for insider insights and the official videos from Ford. Thrilled and enjoying the journey of seeing how the Mach E was conceived, designed, the work put in by Ford and suppliers from inception onward through production. Appreciate how complex creating a new EV is and will allow me to cherish my Mach E even more. Like a farm-to-table moment.. all that had to happen to get the Mach E to us.

Curious to have a secure means for owners to access partial read-only data on their own
Mach E. To enable writing software to monitor and analyze my own performance metrics, driving conditions, track OTA updates, and more for my own personal usage. Just enough data to mine for interesting useful insights but not too much data that you give away any trade secrets or breach the data.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mach E fits my personality:

1. likes to go fast
2. thoughtfully styled and designed
3. American and "Software First Company"
4. engineered with passion for fun and to be competitive

5. MacEforum info has been educational, suspenseful, entertaining. Thx to you and others
for insider insights and the official videos from Ford. Thrilled and enjoying the journey of seeing how the Mach E was conceived, designed, the work put in by Ford and suppliers from inception onward through production. Appreciate how complex creating a new EV is and will allow me to cherish my Mach E even more. Like a farm-to-table moment.. all that had to happen to get the Mach E to us.

Curious to have a secure means for owners to access partial read-only data on their own
Mach E. To enable writing software to monitor and analyze my own performance metrics, driving conditions, track OTA updates, and more for my own personal usage. Just enough data to mine for interesting useful insights but not too much data that you give away any trade secrets or breach the data.
These extra information might be available eventually from an app like Torque Pro through the OBD2 port on the Mach-E, probably all cars have them now has they need this port to access the car computer info, or another one develop especially for the Mach-E like they have for the Tesla's which is called Scan My Tesla although the OBD2 port on the Tesla is not easily accessible.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.emon.canbus.tesla&hl=en_US&gl=US