AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Has anyone tried the auto perpendicular parking yet?

I’ve seen a few posts and videos on parallel parking but not perpendicular yet.

I have much more opportunity to perpendicular park, but don’t want to try it out without feedback in fear of crunching up my car along with 2 others. Lol
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I've tried it, it's much to slow for my taste. Same with when parallel parking, but I lack patience.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I havent tried either of the self parking features yet. It is easier for me to just park the car normally vs reading instructions on the procedure. :)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I have not tried perpendicular yet - I would have liked help reverse parking in my garage between another car and a wall but a bit tough to create perpendicular situation the car is looking for.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I have a hard time finding an opportunity without cars behind me losing patience as I figure out how to work the system.

Blue PonyE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Montana, 2016 Leaf, 2021 First Edition
Country flag
Tried the perpendicular parking assist and found it slow and cumbersome for normal parking. It would be helpful if you are trying to fit into a smallish stall and there were no other cars waiting. The first time we tried it almost scared me s***less. Cut the corner next to the parked car very close, closer than what i would normally attempt. After a few adjustments, the car parked slightly over the drivers side white line. Thankfully there was no other vehicle in the adjoining stall.

I did enjoy waving to the guy in a van while my FE backed into the stall while both hands were waving.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Tried the perpendicular parking assist and found it slow and cumbersome for normal parking. It would be helpful if you are trying to fit into a smallish stall and there were no other cars waiting. The first time we tried it almost scared me s***less. Cut the corner next to the parked car very close, closer than what i would normally attempt. After a few adjustments, the car parked slightly over the drivers side white line. Thankfully there was no other vehicle in the adjoining stall.

I did enjoy waving to the guy in a van while my FE backed into the stall while both hands were waving.
I read somewhere that for both parallel parking and perpendicular parking it needs actual objects to park between. Apparently it doesn’t know lines. FWIW.

JoeSmoeFromIDontKnow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER (canceled)
Country flag
Well, I'm not going to try it. This feature is half baked:

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
If you are a good parker, I can't imagine why you would even use this feature. Too much can go wrong.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Between the really crisp backup camera and the 360 bird's-eye view, perpendicular parking the Mach E is a dream already.