Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does anyone know the specific meaning of this comment concerning automatic heated seats from the owner’s manual “When you switch on the auto setting, the heated seats switch on to match your climate control setting”?

Does it mean if i have climate control set to auto and it needs heat, seat heaters come on and off to match at low, medium or high as the selected cabin temperature difference calls for? Or, if I set climate control with auto at 1, 2, or 3 lights the seat will match? Maybe something else?
Sponsored

tbrumleve

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium eAWD Standard Range
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Automatic heated seats 1704523460425

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I’m all for quoting the manual when appropriate, but he already quoted that section in the OP and asked what it meant. A screenshot of the same quote doesn’t really answer the question.
Yeah, no kidding. We usually get so much more, behind the the scenes, technical gouge out of you @Mach-Lee . You’re slippin’.;)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Since we are discussing heated seats....super dumb question but I came to the conclusion that the if you turn on heated seats, you are turning both of them on....correct? In all other cars/trucks we've ever owned each front seat could independently be turned on/off.
They are independently controlled.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
When you see the little "A" next to the heated seat icon, it indicates that the seats are set to try to follow how the HVAC temperature is set. 😊🐩

tbrumleve

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium eAWD Standard Range
Country flag
That is the quote I am asking clarification on
It’s self explanatory. That’s what the section is small. Says everything right there.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Since we are discussing heated seats....super dumb question but I came to the conclusion that the if you turn on heated seats, you are turning both of them on....correct?
What would make you think that?

OP
OP
PA27

PA27

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When you see the little "A" next to the heated seat icon, it indicates that the seats are set to try to follow how the HVAC temperature is set. 😊🐩
Meaning if it’s 40 out and my HVAC is set to 70, it will deliver level 3 seat heat until the HVAC closes the gap some unknown amount? Or, does it only use level 3 seat heat if a large gap and, level 3 auto was selected for the fan?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Meaning if it’s 40 out and my HVAC is set to 70, it will deliver level 3 seat heat until the HVAC closes the gap some unknown amount? Or, does it only use level 3 seat heat if a large gap and, level 3 auto was selected for the fan?
Mine sets high heat when there is a large gap and mid or low heat when there is a small gap. 😊🐩

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
I read the manual but must have missed this part. The automatic setting on the heated seats was a feature I never noticed until my 18-year-old son asked me what the "A" next to the heated seat icon was and then figured it out in about two seconds before I could even register what it was he was talking about. Dad is slipping! I'm blaming buying the car in May for not knowing about the automatic setting on heated seats until November! 😄