A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
On my drive in this morning, I got stuck in a 1-land construction zone behind a Jeep Wrangler, solid black, with a black vanity plate (white letters on black plate) and my car decided to turn on the high beams at least 3 times while following a few car lengths back. A couple times they flashed on and quickly back off, once they stayed on for about 10 seconds.

I couldn't tell if the tail lights were darkened (definitely possible, they definitely went for the blackout theme on everything else) but they were plenty visible.

The funny thing is, he was doing 20mph in a 40mph zone which was almost begging to be flashed but still; I'd like the road rage to be on my terms and not the car's.
Sponsored

dfcliff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
It was probably having a hard time determining it was a car in front of you. I've had similar issues with driving in foggy weather. It can't see the car in front so it starts turning on the high beams, then it can see the car and turns them off, etc...

When that happens, I manually turn off the high beams and that kills the automatic.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
On my drive in this morning, I got stuck in a 1-land construction zone behind a Jeep Wrangler, solid black, with a black vanity plate (white letters on black plate) and my car decided to turn on the high beams at least 3 times while following a few car lengths back. A couple times they flashed on and quickly back off, once they stayed on for about 10 seconds.

I couldn't tell if the tail lights were darkened (definitely possible, they definitely went for the blackout theme on everything else) but they were plenty visible.

The funny thing is, he was doing 20mph in a 40mph zone which was almost begging to be flashed but still; I'd like the road rage to be on my terms and not the car's.
If you went below 19mph, they would stop working until you got back to 32mph.

So turn them off, either temporarily or permanently. Temp - push lever away from you to go to high beams, them push it again to turn them off.

Permanent -

Ford Mustang Mach-E Automatic high beams high beams.PNG

OP
OP
A-A-Ron

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag

So turn them off, either temporarily or permanently. Temp - push lever away from you to go to high beams, them push it again to turn them off.

Permanent -

Good to know there's a temporary way to disable it (though I'd have to flash him again to do that). How long does that disable the auto high beams? Until I turn the car off?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Clearly your car joined a gang and this is part of the initiation.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Good to know there's a temporary way to disable it (though I'd have to flash him again to do that). How long does that disable the auto high beams? Until I turn the car off?
Yes.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

Permanent -

You can also turn them off temporarily for a drive by turning the headlight switch to ON instead of Auto. Obviously just remember to turn them back to auto when you leave the car.