First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Six speakers instead of ten. My guess is no subwoofer and maybe no front center. Not sure which others are removed.

You can see some visual differences between select and premium's dash areas on the configurator... But it's hard to tell exactly how different they are materially.
Sponsored

GreenEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Country flag
It will be like all other systems. Audio purists will not like the B&O, others will be fine with it. One thing is certain, the simpler systems, like the one in the Select, are the easiest to upgrade after the fact. I am usually fine with most systems after some tweaking of the treble and bass.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It will be like all other systems. Audio purists will not like the B&O, others will be fine with it. One thing is certain, the simpler systems, like the one in the Select, are the easiest to upgrade after the fact. I am usually fine with most systems after some tweaking of the treble and bass.

While I have a premium model, the sound system was just an added nicety to me, not a major purchase consideration. For myself and most people, it'll do just fine. For those who want a better concert hall experience, there will be aftermarket vendors.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I am on the opposite end of the spectrum. Mainly listen to news & talk AM stations. Would have rather not have the premium audio and have something else instead, like AC cooled seats or even lit emblem, extra USB connectors, electrochromic tinted windows...bright color paint.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I have already been looking at replacement speakers. After I get the car I will have to see how easy it is to remove that dash screen and get to the speakers. also will have to find out it these are 2 or 4ohm speakers.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I have already been looking at replacement speakers. After I get the car I will have to see how easy it is to remove that dash screen and get to the speakers. also will have to find out it these are 2 or 4ohm speakers.
Ive been there and I'm done upgrading sound systems. My spec v has quite a bit of money invested in the sound system and I am at the point where i need to upgrade the head unit again. Once you start you dont stop.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Anyone have experience with the Bazooka Bass Tubes Subwoofers?

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Anyone have experience with the Bazooka Bass Tubes Subwoofers?
I had one about 20 years ago. It worked ok but used a lot of room. I had an underseat type subwoofer in my Tundra that I thought was much better, and it did not take much room. I'm not sure if there would be room for something like that in the MME.