Strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Country flag
Just got mine installed all the way up is too loud but I love half ….even starts loud cold and quiets as it warms. I think it’s a good bridge.
Yes, I have never gone over half. Normally about 40%.
Sponsored

hepidy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have ….. corvette c8 louder than any truck that wants some…. Mixed reviews more people liked it then hated it but it’s almost too much vibration wise. The true fun will be making our own ev sound later down the road. i don’t want to sound like an ice vehicle I’m moving forward not backwards lol. I don’t regret purchase.

NC-GT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance
Interesting seeing the different opinions on the Borla Active Performance sound… One of the main reasons I purchased my Mach-e GTPE rather than Tesla Model Y was that sitting in the Tesla the dash was just to utilitarian for me. No gauges without installing one of several third party packages. (Obviously both EVs are pretty silent ;)

I really enjoy driving my new 23 MME, but sometimes when out just for fun driving it is just not the same as hearing the exhaust feedback. Have had a variety of sports cars and Mustangs (S2000, MR2 SC, Solstice GXP, Mustang GT, and Miata RF) and have always upgraded to custom exhausts and CAI - not for sound volume but for a limited performance boost and better driving experience. Don’t need the boost now, but do miss the sound.

Assume that members know that Porsche has this OEM tech on both their Macan and Taycan EV models..

Seems that the opinions fall into drivers who mainly view the time in their car as mainly either transportation or fun…

Shepherd

First Name
Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT, Carbonized Grey. "Magneto"
Occupation
Federal Government
My sound preference is a Ram Air IV. Good thing I have a stupidly over-sized one in my T/A. I like my electric car to not make noise other than its whirring and glugging noises. 😂🐩
After 40 years of vroom vroom I’m enjoying the quietude of my EV. It would be a hoot though to pull alongside the ICE Mustang GTs in my town an let the sound effects rip 🏁

hepidy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I only installed for the blind and hard of hearing population safety of course. 😉🤫

NC-GT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance
I only installed for the blind and hard of hearing population safety of course. 😉🤫

Do you feel the sound vibration in the cabin… Wondering how it feels/sounds inside the car under hard acceleration? I’m more interested in how it feels and sounds for the driver once I get out of town…

Last edited:

Strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Country flag
Do you feel the sound vibration in the cabin… Wondering how it feels/sounds inside the car under hard acceleration? I’m more interested in how it feels and sounds for the driver once I get out of town…
Yes, but totally controlled by you how much volume and vibration. Of course you don't "feel" it like a supercharged v8 with headers but does a great job to give the "fun" experience when you want it.

@davidborla any update when the app will be ready?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Now you need some exhaust tips with a steam generator and an air pulse system so that on cold mornings it looks like it’s an ICE Vehicle. 😊🐩

NC-GT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance
Now you need some exhaust tips with a steam generator and an air pulse system so that on cold mornings it looks like it’s an ICE Vehicle. 😊🐩
I get it that it’s not for everybody. However, I had a 2019 Mustang GT performance so it’s not like I’m trying to fake anything. That car had a Ford tunable exhaust with several modes so you could have it super quiet when you started up early in the morning in the neighborhood and it would come to life when you were out of the neighborhood.

This GTPE is also for fun and enjoyment. You can have an EV vehicle and it’s all about fun. Not trying to be loud, but It doesn’t have to be silent. If you want silent that’s fine. In neighborhood and around town I probably wouldn’t even have volune on. But when driving around. I certainly will.

There are people on here that think it’s stupid to pay the extra money for the GTPE as well.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Heh, I just think Borla should take the extra step to add exhaust flow to go along with the sound. 😊🐩