RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Common respect for others doesn't need to be enforced by the government.
Sorry, but I disagree. Can list thousands of examples.

The company that dumps poison in the water supply because it is cheaper.

The guy that shoots flares in the air, then blows up his house.

The supplier that makes counterfeit airline parts.

If everyone acted for the benefit of others, I would agree. But many people don't act that way.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Sorry, but I disagree. Can list thousands of examples.

The company that dumps poison in the water supply because it is cheaper.

The guy that shoots flares in the air, then blows up his house.

The supplier that makes counterfeit airline parts.

If everyone acted for the benefit of others, I would agree. But many people don't act that way.
A big, fat man who farts in an elevator.

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Select C/T Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wow how old are you. Do you have any fun. And FYI I'm 71. I can't take money with me when I die so I mine as well enjoy it.
I take it you havenā€™t watched Christmas Vacationā€¦ šŸ˜‚

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It occurred to me that part of the problem with artificial car sounds is they are played from an outside speaker and heard outside the car even though the buyer is sitting usually in the car. Would it be that hard to wire a mixer into the infotainment system wiring to allow the mixing of the artificial engine noise in with the music going out to those speakers inside the car?
Surely, there is a port were the wiring to the speakers plugs in. Would it be that difficult to unplug the plug and insert a dual headed plug into the sound system into which you plug the speaker wires? The dual head would intercept the outgoing music, send it to a mixer, the mixer adds in the car sounds, and sends everything out to the speakers.
Such an arrangement, even if more expensive, would have the advantages of putting the sound inside were the driver more easily hears it and leaves the outside quieter.

davidborla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E ; Ford Lightning
Occupation
Purveyor of sound
Country flag
It occurred to me that part of the problem with artificial car sounds is they are played from an outside speaker and heard outside the car even though the buyer is sitting usually in the car. Would it be that hard to wire a mixer into the infotainment system wiring to allow the mixing of the artificial engine noise in with the music going out to those speakers inside the car?
Surely, there is a port were the wiring to the speakers plugs in. Would it be that difficult to unplug the plug and insert a dual headed plug into the sound system into which you plug the speaker wires? The dual head would intercept the outgoing music, send it to a mixer, the mixer adds in the car sounds, and sends everything out to the speakers.
Such an arrangement, even if more expensive, would have the advantages of putting the sound inside were the driver more easily hears it and leaves the outside quieter.
Good stuff, thanks so much Glen,

We're really sensitive to this issue and it's important to us that we consider everyone in the equation.

Regarding internal sound - For those of you who have installed this kit, how audible are the sounds inside the cabin? To paraphrase Glen, can the driver easily hear everything? Or is the addition of internal speakers necessary?

As far as leaving the "outside quieter" is concerned - We've built in a volume control solution for that very reason.

Like guitar players, car enthusiasts enjoy sharing car sounds with each other, they want to hear what their friends' cars sound like, they want their cars to be heard, they want to personalize their sounds. But, also like guitar playing, there are places where that's appropriate, places where it isn't and places in-between where it's okay but not too loud. Just like a guitar amp, volume control provides an easy solution. Asking car guys to only hear their sounds inside the car is like asking guitar players to only play through headphones.

Here's where all this lands - Just like playing music in public, driving cars in public, wearing clothing in public, drinking alcohol in public, showing affection in public, worshipping in public, eating in public even simply crossing the street in public - personal responsibility matters......

There are sound ordinances and laws already in place to manage these issues, ignorance of the law is no excuse and no one should be allowed to break the law.

db

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

We're really sensitive to this issue and it's important to us that we consider everyone in the equation.

Regarding internal sound - For those of you who have installed this kit, how audible are the sounds inside the cabin? To paraphrase Glen, can the driver easily hear everything? Or is the addition of internal speakers necessary?

As far as leaving the "outside quieter" is concerned - We've built in a volume control solution for that very reason.

Like guitar players, car enthusiasts enjoy sharing car sounds with each other, they want to hear what their friends' cars sound like, they want their cars to be heard, they want to personalize their sounds. But, also like guitar playing, there are places where that's appropriate, places where it isn't and places in-between where it's okay but not too loud. Just like a guitar amp, volume control provides an easy solution. Asking car guys to only hear their sounds inside the car is like asking guitar players to only play through headphones.

Here's where all this lands - Just like playing music in public, driving cars in public, wearing clothing in public, drinking alcohol in public, showing affection in public, worshipping in public, eating in public even simply crossing the street in public - personal responsibility matters......

There are sound ordinances and laws already in place to manage these issues, ignorance of the law is no excuse and no one should be allowed to break the law.

db
Aren't you forgetting that the sound systems in our cars today are carefully designed to fill the car with sound. They even have balancers allowing you to focus the sound as needed. Why not take advantage of that expensive sound system?
The driver can open the windows so others can hear the sound system .

Anwarlucas

First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Country flag

db
To answer your question David, I have been running the APS for a few days now, while the sound gets loud outside it's missing 2 key things, the feel (bass) and the high notes that a real exhaust system has, the audio sounds extremely muted or flat, this is listening to the APS from outside the vehicle standing from behind, when standing on the sides of the car or front the sound becomes even more softer or flatter in sound. Inside can be heard and is reasonable once the volume is at least 1/3 up from the lowest setting.

Possibly a firmware update to the DSP or amplifier (if capable) to increase both low tone and high tones would solve this sound limitations coming from the APS

davidborla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E ; Ford Lightning
Occupation
Purveyor of sound
Country flag
To answer your question David, I have been running the APS for a few days now, while the sound gets loud outside it's missing 2 key things, the feel (bass) and the high notes that a real exhaust system has, the audio sounds extremely muted or flat, this is listening to the APS from outside the vehicle standing from behind, when standing on the sides of the car or front the sound becomes even more softer or flatter in sound. Inside can be heard and is reasonable once the volume is at least 1/3 up from the lowest setting.

Possibly a firmware update to the DSP or amplifier (if capable) to increase both low tone and high tones would solve this sound limitations coming from the APS
This feedback is incredibly valuable for us, thanks so much.

We did build this system so that the software can be updated and there will be updates in Q2.

I will make sure your voice is heard as we improve the software for Q2 updates.

Thanks again

hepidy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
You will hear it both ways like any Borla or quality exhaust. I take it most on the forum have never owned a great sounding V8. There is a huge difference of too much sound in the cabin as well as external. A good burble is what you should be attempting to achieve. It is the soul of the car to me, and I'm willing to borrow one.

This takes care of a lot of needs for me. Sound for driving that can be controlled, a novelty for all the not a Mustang crew, freak out the good old boys that believe EV's are a sign of the apocalypse, and piss off my wife. What else could I want? šŸ˜€
Just got mine installed all the way up is too loud but I love half ā€¦.even starts loud cold and quiets as it warms. I think itā€™s a good bridge.

hepidy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
This is a solution for noise pollution because unlike a traditional aftermarket exhaust system the driver has control of the external volume of this kit through the controller, they can even turn it off altogether. If you think you might upset someone, you just turn it down or shut it off. Can't do that with straight pipes......
I love mine here in Tampa thereā€™s plenty of exhaust competion so you can jack it upā€¦..or pull into driveway quiet so neighbors donā€™t get mad. My prior car was a 2020 GT with a ford/borla performance exhaust. It sounds exactly (minus the front cabin) just like it. Great job Borla and thank you for supporting veterans with a discount.
Sponsored