Battery overheating (stuck valve to cool the battery)

BayPoodle

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 mache premium
Country flag
My brand new (2300 miles) 2023 premium apparently has a stuck valve to cool the battery, so the battery is overheating. I live near two dealerships and the soonest I could get the car in is a month from now. Does anyone know just how bad this is? I can’t not drive the car, but that battery is hella expensive and I hate the idea that I’m damaging it every time I drive.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I would try another dealer to see if you can get in sooner. Overheating the battery is a serious issue, and as you said, it’s a very expensive repair to replace the battery. Call Ford Customer Service at 800-392-3673 and ask for the Battery Electric Vehicle Team. Open a case with them. They might be able to help you with scheduling and expediting of parts. 🤔🐩

OP
OP

BayPoodle

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 mache premium
Country flag
I would try another dealer to see if you can get in sooner. Overheating the battery is a serious issue, and as you said, it’s a very expensive repair to replace the battery. Call Ford Customer Service at 800-392-3673 and ask for the Battery Electric Vehicle Team. Open a case with them. They might be able to help you with scheduling and expediting of parts. 🤔🐩
Thank you, that hadn’t occurred to me. Unfortunately when I called they weren’t able to help me out in expediting anything.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The battery shouldn't overheat unless you are DC charging. I would not DC charge the car with that condition, AC charge only. Driving is okay too.

But yeah, you want to get that fixed before it causes battery damage since it could void your battery warranty.

OP
OP

BayPoodle

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 mache premium
Country flag
The battery shouldn't overheat unless you are DC charging. I would not DC charge the car with that condition, AC charge only. Driving is okay too.

But yeah, you want to get that fixed before it causes battery damage since it could void your battery warranty.
That’s reassuring, thank you. I never dc charge. Hopefully the fix will be soon enough. I am also bugging the guy who sold me the car. Gotta be a squeaky wheel if you want grease.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
That’s reassuring, thank you. I never dc charge. Hopefully the fix will be soon enough. I am also bugging the guy who sold me the car. Gotta be a squeaky wheel if you want grease.
How do you know it has a problem if you don't DC charge then?

OP
OP

BayPoodle

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 mache premium
Country flag
How do you know it has a problem if you don't DC charge then?
The car says service vehicle soon and when they looked up the vin that’s what they saw

OP
OP

BayPoodle

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 mache premium
Country flag
Wow so the good news is that John G in sales at Flood Ford EG, RI called me and he set up a loaner so I can drive that for the weeks it will take to service my car. I cannot say enough positive things about the sales team at Flood EG.

OP
OP

BayPoodle

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 mache premium
Country flag
After a month at the dealership, I have finally learned that my brand new MME needs a new coolant distributor. The part is on “intergalactic backorder” which I guess is a cute way to say good luck with that. I’m really frustrated that I waited a month to be told I need to wait even more. The dealership has given me a loaner, but I am paying for an MME while I drive an Escape (which I hate). I’m updating here and complaining to Ford because this is ridiculous. I always drove Toyotas before this and I regret my decision to try a ford.
Sponsored