Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We received our Mach E on 5/6. Loved the way it looked and drove. On 5/18 I plugged it into a 220 charge line in my garage and got a charging error. Took it to the dealer and they got the same error on their charging station. 14 weeks later it is still at the dealership and no one can figure out why this high tech vehicle will not take a charge. In fact, after swapping out some parts the Mach E will no longer move on its own power. I am told it is a programming issue with the charging module. The biggest surprise is that this technology is the cutting edge for Ford and is probably the same to be used on the F 150. Yet Ford is letting this problem go unsolved for 14 weeks. The dealership and the reginal trouble shooter do not have the experience to solve the problem and are relying on Detroit for guidance. You would have thought that Ford would send someone to Ohio to fix it months ago. Very disappointing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Wow. Either this is a fake post or you have the worlds worst dealer service.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Sorry to hear this.

It's quite possible, and probable, that Ford has sent an engineering tech to your dealer to work with them, and not just remote support.

Have you been in contact with anyone from Ford (outside the dealership)? Are they working with you on this, for example making loan payments and providing a loaner?

OP
OP

fpavlo1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I assure you this is not a fake post. I think the lack of service is coming from Detroit and their support of this new technology

OP
OP

fpavlo1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Sorry to hear this.

It's quite possible, and probable, that Ford has sent an engineering tech to your dealer to work with them, and not just remote support.

Have you been in contact with anyone from Ford (outside the dealership)? Are they working with you on this, for example making loan payments and providing a loaner?
Yes I have been in contact with Ford customer service. My understanding is that no one from Ford has been down to assess the problem. It has all been remote. They are buying the vehicle back.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yes I have been in contact with Ford customer service. My understanding is that no one from Ford has been down to assess the problem. It has all been remote. They are buying the vehicle back.
Ah ok, so case closed sort of... I hope you're able to find a decent alternative in this current, crazy marketplace.

jojomontag

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So far, I'm in the same boat. Car runs fine and charges without issue, but the Service Vehicle Soon light is on. Supposedly two engineers are coming to look at my car, but no one knows when. I keep getting the same stupid excuse--that it's new technology. I'm on day 11 with no end in sight.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
You could also do the Lemon Law….that’s a very long service time for any issue.

GoodenoughIsGod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf
Country flag
We received our Mach E on 3/6. Loved the way it looked and drove. On 3/18 I plugged it into a 220 charge line in my garage and got a charging error. Took it to the dealer and they got the same error on their charging station. 14 weeks later it is still at the dealership and no one can figure out why this high tech vehicle will not take a charge. In fact, after swapping out some parts the Mach E will no longer move on its own power. I am told it is a programming issue with the charging module. The biggest surprise is that this technology is the cutting edge for Ford and is probably the same to be used on the F 150. Yet Ford is letting this problem go unsolved for 14 weeks. The dealership and the reginal trouble shooter do not have the experience to solve the problem and are relying on Detroit for guidance. You would have thought that Ford would send someone to Ohio to fix it months ago. Very disappointing.
Wow! This is the second thread I am reading today with the exact same problem.

OP
OP

fpavlo1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Got an update from the dealership yesterday. They said that they closed out the service order since they were unable to repair the charging issue. This is 5 1/2 months after they first tried. It is now up to Ford to disposition the vehicle. They bought the vehicle back several months ago.
Sponsored