Best reaction your car has gotten?

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
My favorite is still driving through my workplace's parking lot, and a lady with her son (probably aged 7-9) were walking to the elevators. The boy said "look Mom, a Mustang!" I've never had a car that got people excited before, so it felt nice to brighten his day.

My wife was outside when our garage door was open once, and I could hear one of our elderly lady neighbors, walking their dog, stop to make conversation. Confirmed it was fully electric (in Hawaii, BEVs and PHEVs have a license plate stamped with "electric vehicle" so the only question is if it can also run on gas or not), shared that she owns an early-2000's Mustang, and wishes she could get one like ours but can't afford it... :( Also remarked that she loves the color. We've never owned a car that got people reminiscing or that led people to talk to us about it; I'm still unsure if it's all sports/muscle cars or something special about the Mustang. It's kind of nice to feel like it's putting out positivity for people who see it.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Met some nice folks with a model Y last night, they'd had it 2 years, they just kept walking around my car saying, "wow, it's just so beautiful" then in an apologetic tone the guy says, "this wasn't an option when we were buying, you couldn't see or drive these..."
Yeah I’ve definitely got the “Tesla regret” folks too 😂

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I came out of a wawa one time with a gallon of milk, and popped the hood to put it in the frunk. The guy setting in the F-150 next to me says "That thing runs on Milk?!"

I swear it's a true story
Only 2% which is like the 89 octane of milk

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Usually get old folks that gawk at my car. I’ve had three times where someone will stop me at a store and want to talk about how good it looks and how good the color is (rapid red). I get their story about their ‘stang and love to hear them. When I tell them it’s all electric, they gasp. Only once did I have an extended discussion on EV’s in general. They were ill informed and thanked me for my first hand opinion.
The Mustang Mach-E is undoubtedly a head-turner!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Was driving my mom around, she says "why is everyone constantly staring at us?" I told her they don't see us, they're staring at the car.
The Mustang Mach-E is far too bold to blend in, so it makes sense that it catches so many people's attention!

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
Two stories.
At a hair salon we were describing the MME to stylist, who is a friend of ours. Older guy hearing us asks how we turn it off if freeway traffic is stopped, so we don't waste fuel. I smiled and said we don't need to turn it off because if it does not move it only uses accessory power. He again asks how we don't waste fuel. Realizing he did not understand how EVs operate, I finally said. Yes, we can just turn off the power.

Going through a fast food drive-through lane the teenager serving the food asks "How does that feel when you really accelerate?" I replied that it will push me into the back of the seat. "Cool" he replied with a big smile.

Similar to others, a lot of "what kind of car is that?"

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I came out of a wawa one time with a gallon of milk, and popped the hood to put it in the frunk. The guy setting in the F-150 next to me says "That thing runs on Milk?!"

I swear it's a true story
A good reply would be "They were out of V8 juice"

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Latest reaction (add to my other comments).......passing through an intersection slowly, boy around 5 standing w/mom, looks at my car (rapid red), opens mouth, eyes bugged out and just stares at the car and points, haha......

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Driving through the supermarket parking lot, a woman in her late-60s to early-70s went slack-jawed, eyes as big as saucers, swiveled her head as we passed in opposite directions and almost ran into the shopping car attendant because she was looking over her shoulder at my car instead of where she was going. 😰🐩

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Not quite a reaction. I was parked and walking to the car. A mum and son was walking past and the mum said “is that a Lamborghini?”. The son said “no it doesn’t say so on the back”.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
On a road that I go on fairly often, every once in a while I see this older couple walking along the road. Every single time, the man stops and stares at my car as I go by. I am tempted to offer them a ride sometime, see if he likes WOT.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
When the car was new, I gave my sister and brother in law a ride and explained some features of the car. Had it set to "Engage" mode I think.

Brother in law took the wheel for a bit, commented favorably on the smooth, quiet ride and responsive steering. We came up behind a slow moving tractor on the 2-lane road, so he waited for a dotted yellow line, put the blinker on, changed lanes and floored it, as one does...

The look on his face as we rocketed past that tractor was priceless. :cool:

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
@
The cyber orange definitely turns heads. I have gotten a lot of "hey that's an amazing color" from several people.
Saw my first Cyber-Orange MME today in my area. I had not seen one in-person before. Definitely catches your eye!

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
At a parking lot:

Holy shit when did they start making Mustangs with 4 doors!? Then I opened the Frunk to store my groceries and his brain couldn't process that it was an EV. He thought I was showing him the engine lol!
Sponsored