Bidirectional Wall Charger

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
It's my understanding that V2H or V2G does not increase battery degradation in a significant way and can be good for the battery due to the low loads placed on it. More data is needed.
Warrantees on a powerwall can be a lot longer than on a vehicle.
No thermal management is needed on a typical powerwall.
No crazy +200kW pull from or push into the battery pack in V2G.
However, you would not be able to just look at the odometer to see how much use the battery has had as you can now. But maybe that doesn't even matter for V2G (see above).
Sponsored

Beholden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taurus SHO
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The way I looked at it, generator is 5k to install and buy, plus you get 26% off as it is considered alternative energy device, then you have to service, maintain, fill the propane tank. So it’s about 3k for the quasar wallbox after rebate. I am also looking a yousolar.com for battery storage and Ambri.com liquid metal battery which is really molten salts ,much cheaper, more efficient, is recyclable, and lasts 25 years. Ambri, however is still early stage and doesn’t seem ready for residential use. I contacted them as well, but have only heard back from yousolar.com, awaiting quote.

beholden

Beholden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taurus SHO
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Molten salt batteries are much more efficient than traditional batteries and do not degrade at all when used, last 25 years, and are far cheaper. They are bigger and heavier, but you just stick them in the container outside your garage, they don’t care about the heat or cold either. See ambri.com, components are all common and are not exotic and/or toxic metals like traditional batteries that have to be mined.

beholden

Beholden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taurus SHO
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So molten salt based batteries, like ambri’s would be the best choice IMO for H2G, I’m not sure I would use my expensive li-ion car battery to make a couple bucks a day in V2G even if my utility allowed it.

Beholden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taurus SHO
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Response from yousolar, will try to get $dollar figures:

We’re currently rolling out the PowerBloc™ in California for customers that are seeking reliable power supply for their homes. Next year, we will branch out to other states. We will keep you updated with the progress of the company and follow up as we develop both customer and distributor networks in your area.

We look forward to working with you.

Best regards,
Galen Torneby
Operations
Ford Mustang Mach-E Bidirectional Wall Charger 1597799410196

www.yousolar.com

2722 Del Monte Ave
El Cerrito, CA 94530
. USA
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +1 (415) 624-7612 (U.S. Pacific Time)
Whatsapp, Viber: +1 (415) 624-7612
Sponsored