Blue Oval Charge Network - missing?

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
So I was one of the lucky few who managed to activate BOCN last year for the $50/yr price that got me the discounted rate on EA and of course, plug and charge. Unfortunately, that's now expired and I can't renew - like that option doesn't exist at all for me at ford.com/connectedservices. I've lost P&C capability as a result. I don't care so much about the discount (I know that's a pipe dream now), but I do like the ability to have an alternate way to start charging in case the app is broken or whatever. (Last winter I managed to start charging when EA's services were down due to AWS taking a dump. All the apps weren't working, but P&C worked flawlessly)

Any ideas if it's gone universally, or...?
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
How does it look in FordPass?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Oval Charge Network - missing? 1679691413362

Make sure your credit card on file isn’t expired.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Probably like mine
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Oval Charge Network - missing? D107B0CC-EDA7-4368-B112-4EBB998577AC

missing from the connected services, still. Card is fine. I had it. It expired with the free KW and has never returned. I don't really care as it was only being used for the free KW. But It's completely missing from the enrollment page. and has been since Feb 20th.

Web page:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Oval Charge Network - missing? Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 2.13.46 PM

Last edited:
OP
OP

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
How does it look in FordPass?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Oval Charge Network - missing? Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 2.13.46 PM

Make sure your credit card on file isn’t expired.
Yup, looks exactly like @azerik's, right down to the error message on the top of the screen. And yes, my payment method is fine, not expired or anything.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Well, I think I’ve heard of this happening before, and I don’t think Ford knows how to fix it. Contact a guide and see what they say.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Not sure if it's the #11 fuse thing.
But it's been gone since it expired. I think we're not the only ones. Maybe that's how they'll sunset it. Just make it disappear.

OP
OP

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
But it's been gone since it expired. I think we're not the only ones. Maybe that's how they'll sunset it. Just make it disappear.
I've been getting OTAs, though (last one was 4.2.4). I really hope they're just incompetent rather than sunsetting it :( P&C is nice to have for me.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
BOCN is not going away anytime soon. All the EV dealers have to install BOCN chargers this year that support P&C, so the website needs to work. This is a server glitch that’s almost a year old with no fix.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Same bug that says I don't own the car and there are no service records I'd assume.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Oval Charge Network - missing? Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 2.31.53 PM

Chat, doesn't exist.
Phone. Well thats soo 2005. I don't want to fight with someone saying "oh hmm. I'm not seeing anything in my system" (Because you're looking at a KB article not my car in a system.)

OP
OP

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Well, I did call a guide, and she says that they're going to be extending the free trial to BOCN for another year starting April 1st. She says this issue is affecting people whose 2 year trial is coming to an end. I'm not holding my breath 🤣.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Well, I did call a guide, and she says that they're going to be extending the free trial to BOCN for another year starting April 1st. She says this issue is affecting people whose 2 year trial is coming to an end. I'm not holding my breath 🤣.

... April 1st could hear the host chuckling before they hung up?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Same bug that says I don't own the car and there are no service records I'd assume.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Oval Charge Network - missing? Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 2.31.53 PM

Chat, doesn't exist.
Phone. Well thats soo 2005. I don't want to fight with someone saying "oh hmm. I'm not seeing anything in my system" (Because you're looking at a KB article not my car in a system.)
Thinking about this more, if it says you're not the current owner and the FordPass guide can't help fix that, you might have to do a master reset. I know it's a major pain but that might be the only way.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/search/Master Reset/

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I did that. Twice. PITA and no effect. Once the day I got it. Once 2 weeks before taking to the dealer. Service said "it'll show up a couple days after we submit these to Ford." Been 2 or 3 weeks. Nada.

Last edited:

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ugh, the Blue Oval Network and Plug & Charge are a pain. I bought my 2021 two weeks ago, certified pre-owned. I was told I could use it by the dealership and that I would have Ford credits (not true).

I activated my Blue Oval Network trial, got the verification email, confirmed on the FordPass app it was active, yet I couldn't toggle on Plug & Charge, kept saying "Something went wrong". I tried selecting the station directly through the map but was told "Account Suspended or Deactivated" with an option to Activate it, which when done would take me to the Connected Services page showing it was already active.

I finally called ford and after being rerouted to "marketing" he told me "Oh you aren't the first owner so you can't use Plug & Charge" (so stupid) and then was going to do a ticket escalation to see what the Blue Oval Network error was all about since everything looked good from the Ford side. I finally just asked him "What is the purpose of the BON?" and he said it was just a one stop shop so you didn't have to install all the other apps and setup accounts. That's cool, but I had already done that anyway and was using the respective apps when I charged publicly, so I deactivated the trial and just pretend Blue Oval Network doesn't exist, and am happier for it 🤣