Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Country flag
Maybe you know this, but have to also press the lateral support (lane centering) button on the wheel to enable steering and get the blue bubble around the car before it will engage. Also your maps could be expired, the date should say 10-12-2022 or it won’t work. If it says 10-09-2022 you have expired maps and need the OTA.
Where do I see the map date? I did have the button pressed for lane centering.
Going less than 80 mph?
Yep
Sponsored

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
That was it, thank you! It says I can update to OTA 3.5.2 but I’m on vacation and don’t know if I want to risk bricking the car with an update when I’m 7 hours from home.
It won’t, I haven’t heard of that happening ever. But as you wish. You must have auto updates turned off because you should have gotten 3.5.2 before now.

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It won’t, I haven’t heard of that happening ever. But as you wish. You must have auto updates turned off because you should have gotten 3.5.2 before now.
Yeah I have auto updates off, I thought I’ve seen people saying OTAs sometimes take multiple nights to install, some suggest 12v chargers connected, some people need dealer assistance, etc. unless this is a different type of update? Sorry I’m not on top of the forums about the software updates so I’m very out of the loop about them.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yeah I have auto updates off, I thought I’ve seen people saying OTAs sometimes take multiple nights to install, some suggest 12v chargers connected, some people need dealer assistance, etc. unless this is a different type of update? Sorry I’m not on top of the forums about the software updates so I’m very out of the loop about them.
Those are special circumstances or if you are updating manually with scan tools. Some OTAs such as the recall OTA require a schedule to install, which you will be notified about in advance. Most people should leave auto updates on unless they have a very specific reason not to.

This is a simple GWM update that only takes about 5 minutes. It will happen after you shut off the car once approved.

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Those are special circumstances or if you are updating manually with scan tools. Some OTAs such as the recall OTA require a schedule to install, which you will be notified about in advance. Most people should leave auto updates on unless they have a very specific reason not to.

This is a simple GWM update that only takes about 5 minutes. It will happen after you shut off the car once approved.
Okay, thank you for the info, that’s very helpful. I’ll give it a try tonight.
Sponsored