BlueCruise enabled. Keep your hands on the wheel?

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
So the dashboard tells me that BlueCruise is ON. Great! I get the alerts to "Watch the Road". At the same time, I also get notifications to keep my hands on the steering wheel. Anyone have this issue and know how to fix it?

1. Job 1 car.
2. Power-Up 2.5.1
3. Display is the standard ACC, not BlueCruise with the blue background.
Sponsored

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I get that too... It seems to only allow full hands free BC when there are other cars nearby? I'm still trying to figure it out...

mckben15

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
You have one more update to go that will activate BlueCruise (2.5.2). Once it's installed you'll get a notification in FordPass that it's ready.

OP
OP

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I'm ok with having BlueCruise off, but then don't remind me to watch the road! So the cameras appear to be active while ACC is on. Two different reminders for different things (eyes, hands) is annoying.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Are you on a BlueCruise allowed road? Blue Zones are the only hand free places.

OP
OP

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Are you on a BlueCruise allowed road? Blue Zones are the only hand free places.
I hope interstate highways are included? I-280 and I-680 in the SF Bay Area. Again, I'm ok with it not being enabled, but don't tell me it's active and don't turn on the cameras.

Does anyone with BlueCruise activated on their car experience this issue when using Active Cruise Control on non-BlueCruise roads?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
So the dashboard tells me that BlueCruise is ON. Great! I get the alerts to "Watch the Road". At the same time, I also get notifications to keep my hands on the steering wheel. Anyone have this issue and know how to fix it?

1. Job 1 car.
2. Power-Up 2.5.1
3. Display is the standard ACC, not BlueCruise with the blue background.
First, BlueCruise was provided to a limited number of Job1 2021 cars through Powerup 2.5.2. Are you sure you have that OTA update? If not, you don't have hands-free BlueCruise.

Second, as @TruWrecks pointed out, your car must be in a predefined location to use hands-free mode. Those locations are divided highways with controlled access. Freeways, in other words. Not every freeway has been mapped either. If you're not within one of those predefined locations, you will not get hands free mode of BlueCruise, you'll get the mode you have activated on your vehicle - ACC, ICC, or regular 'dumb' cruise control.

OP
OP

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
First, BlueCruise was provided to a limited number of Job1 2021 cars through Powerup 2.5.2. Are you sure you have that OTA update? If not, you don't have hands-free BlueCruise.

Second, as @TruWrecks pointed out, your car must be in a predefined location to use hands-free mode. Those locations are divided highways with controlled access. Freeways, in other words. Not every freeway has been mapped either. If you're not within one of those predefined locations, you will not get hands free mode of BlueCruise, you'll get the mode you have activated on your vehicle - ACC, ICC, or regular 'dumb' cruise control.
I'll probably get 2.5.2 soon. I'm in the EAP and just got a rapid 2.4.1, 2.4.4, 2.5.1 set of updates in the last week.

I know how BlueCruise is supposed to work. My problem is, if BlueCruise is not active, then why are the cameras tracking my eyes and telling me to watch the road? I get the nagging with none of the benefits.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That notice will now pop up every time you turn on cruise control. It's telling you the feature is there and ready to engage when all conditions are met.

Once you have BlueCruise the camera is always watching your eyes and will tell you to watch the road anytime cruise is active, not just when hands free is active.

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I know I have BC because it will enable the full blue screen and allow me to keep my hands off the wheel. However, it doesn't always engage right away. Often (usually when I'm alone on the road) it will just start up in ACC, then switch to BC hands free when another car is the adjacent lane or ahead of me. This is on I-880 and US 101. Not really sure what power up I have... I applied all the known updates with the help of @scoopman.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'll probably get 2.5.2 soon. I'm in the EAP and just got a rapid 2.4.1, 2.4.4, 2.5.1 set of updates in the last week.

I know how BlueCruise is supposed to work. My problem is, if BlueCruise is not active, then why are the cameras tracking my eyes and telling me to watch the road? I get the nagging with none of the benefits.
The nagging is a benefit, no?

RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I hope interstate highways are included? I-280 and I-680 in the SF Bay Area. Again, I'm ok with it not being enabled, but don't tell me it's active and don't turn on the cameras.

Does anyone with BlueCruise activated on their car experience this issue when using Active Cruise Control on non-BlueCruise roads?
Yes it works. I drove using BlueCurse on I280 and 680 this week. It doesn’t work too well though. These highways are too busy and too curvy for BlieCruise’s limited capabilities.

OP
OP

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
The nagging is a benefit, no?
Eh. I'd prefer to have one or the other, not both.

Yes it works. I drove using BlueCurse on I280 and 680 this week. It doesn’t work too well though. These highways are too busy and too curvy for BlieCruise’s limited capabilities.
So interestingly, the car updated to 2.5.2 during lunch.
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise enabled. Keep your hands on the wheel? BEE6334F-DF37-4A0C-ADCA-A394E48B354F

I was able to use BlueCruise on the drive home and during traffic, it worked great! I'm happy to finally have BlueCruise active and look forward to using it on future commutes. I can imagine how this would be useful on road trips too. Traffic kep me from going at speed on the curvier parts of the freeway, so it's hard to say how it works, but so far so good.

Mach_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting; 2021 Mach E GT;2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Blue Cruise also will disengage over 80mph and revert back to normal adaptive cruise.
Sponsored