ComMache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Hi All, This discussion has been very helpful! I went out yesterday afternoon and played with it some more and figured it out. I believe my problem was trying to set BC going over 80 MPH :cool:. Once I set it at 80MPH it worked like a charm.
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
That makes sense. Confusing though. I don't remember seeing anything that says BC is on. Is that the little blue icon between the Ready sign and the odometer?
Its real big text that first appears saying it's on and pay attention. That only shows when you first activate it. Then the little blue icon, colors in the instrument panel, and the steering wheel image come and go depending on if it is hands-free or not.
I have driven hands free a few times already in other vehicles. Underwhelmed. Just got it working in my car today and used it on the way home. Very disappointing that it now will only track down the dead center of the lane. I will try and turn off hands free tomorrow and see if it will let me use regular ACC with LKA/LC and track where I prefer in the lane. Crossing fingers....

20220808_173423.jpg

To each their own. I love it.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Hi All, This discussion has been very helpful! I went out yesterday afternoon and played with it some more and figured it out. I believe my problem was trying to set BC going over 80 MPH :cool:. Once I set it at 80MPH it worked like a charm.
This morning I turned it on at 80 but was able to bump to 81 w/o problem. Didn't go farther than that though.

cmsva1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G35
Country flag
When engaging Blue Cruise on the highway, after 10-15 seconds the car is asking to "keep hands on steering wheel". I'll put my hand on the wheel and the car returns to hands free driving for 10 seconds and the issues reoccurs. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to stay in hands free mode, but can't figure it out. I've been driving on I-80 between the Bay Area and Sacramento, CA, which I believe is an optimal BC route with long, straight freeway lanes.

If I rest my hand on the wheel, the adaptive cruise and lane keep assist works great...I just have to always keep my hand rested on the wheel for it to work longer than 15 seconds.

Any ideas what my issue could be?

I've tried:
- cleaning the BC sensor display
- reducing speed to 65mph
- removing sunglasses
2454AAD0-1F23-47B5-8071-0F85FC4D8696_1_105_c.jpeg
I had a similar issue with my ā€˜21 SELECT. Blue Cruise was supposedly installed properly. Blue Cruise was active on my account. I tried for 6 weeks and it never went to hands free Blue Cruise.

Brought it to the dealer. They worked with Ford directly to learn how to properly install it. After they reinstalled, success!!

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise - "Keep hands on steering wheel" ECEEE288-8930-42ED-B4E2-C46831344C45

Last edited:

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
Thanks for the replies! Maybe I don't have blue cruise activated on my vehicle, which is strange because we've only had it for a week and it was just built in the 5/30 build group. I'll check the settings to verify.
Oh boy, you will soon learn. That is the least surprising thing I've ever heard out of Ford.

Those who get bluecruise are completely random. It's whoever they decide to send it out to that week.

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
I'm not sure you're looking at the right picture. Sure looks to me like the OP is on a divided highway, and I-80 would almost certainly be a Blue Zone (not that we can say for certain because here we are, nearly two years later, and Ford cannot even furnish a detailed map). Sorry, my cynicism is coming through because Ford just keeps screwing up the easy stuff, like clearly labeling its products and furnishing maps.

I think much more likely the OP hasn't activated his subscription yet or hasn't toggled on the handfree setting.
On my drive home from Milwaukee to Chicago, my blue cruise would come on for literally 2 seconds, turn off for 3 minutes, come back on for 2 seconds, rinse and repeat. Just because it's a supported highway doesn't mean it will work. it's very very unreliable.

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Country flag
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but my 2022 Mach-E is having the same issue. June 2022 build so I assumed it had all the software from the factory. Cruise set under 80, says blue cruise on but wonā€™t go to hands free mode. Checked all the settings, subscription is active, etc. I was on the PA turnpike (divided, limited access) all day yesterday and never once did it work. Clear weather, clean cameras, etc. Any ideas?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but my 2022 Mach-E is having the same issue. June 2022 build so I assumed it had all the software from the factory. Cruise set under 80, says blue cruise on but wonā€™t go to hands free mode. Checked all the settings, subscription is active, etc. I was on the PA turnpike (divided, limited access) all day yesterday and never once did it work. Clear weather, clean cameras, etc. Any ideas?
Had BlueCruise ever worked for you? Did you buy the car new and are you sure you have the blue cruise prep package. You say you assumed it had the software which makes me question whether you even have the BlueCruise prep package.

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Country flag
Had BlueCruise ever worked for you? Did you buy the car new and are you sure you have the blue cruise prep package. You say you assumed it had the software which makes me question whether you even have the BlueCruise prep package.
Iā€™ve never tried it until yesterday, so Iā€™ve never had it work yet. I bought it new, Job 2 2022. I thought 2022 Premiums came with it standard? There was no option for it when I ordered the car.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Maybe you know this, but have to also press the lateral support (lane centering) button on the wheel to enable steering and get the blue bubble around the car before it will engage. Also your maps could be expired, the date should say 10-12-2022 or it wonā€™t work. If it says 10-09-2022 you have expired maps and need the OTA.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Iā€™ve never tried it until yesterday, so Iā€™ve never had it work yet. I bought it new, Job 2 2022. I thought 2022 Premiums came with it standard? There was no option for it when I ordered the car.
Your first post on this thread didnā€™t mention you had a premium. So yeah, it should have the prep package. And as a 2022 it should also have the software to be active. Iā€™d check all the toggles for cruise control, intelligent cruise, hands free, etc. But also, depending on speeds and areas, it may not be active right in that particular spot. Blue cruise wonā€™t activate for me on certain stretches of I-81 in Northern NY.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Going less than 80 mph?

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Is the 80mph limit new? When did they add that?

I can find no mention of such a speed limit in the Owner's Manual. Shocking, I know. Nor is there any useful info under ford.com/support, either under BlueCruise FAQ or elsewhere. Is BlueCruise documented anywhere for users?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Is the 80mph limit new? When did they add that?

I can find no mention of such a speed limit in the Owner's Manual. Shocking, I know. Nor is there any useful info under ford.com/support, either under BlueCruise FAQ or elsewhere. Is BlueCruise documented anywhere for users?
Man I forgot some people don't know that. Yeah it's not documented. It's always been limited to 80 MPH. Tesla was the same but recently raised to 85 MPH.
Sponsored