Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
It appears on my MMEv that Blue Cruise shuts off hands free driving mode for the rest of the drive after it warns you twice about paying attention to the road. The only way I've found to re-engage the hands free mode was starting a new trip. Anyone else have similar experiences. Not happy with that 'feature' considering how sensitive Blue Cruise can be in monitoring, as in you're looking straight ahead with nothing blocking and you get alerts, or when your hand is inadvertently blocking the camera system.
Sponsored

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Thatā€™s not been my experience with BlueCruise. It sounds like something didnā€™t install right for you. Mine will give unlimited orange warnings to watch road (I think, not tested, but have gotten much more than 2 on one trip). I have also gotten more than 2 red ā€œresume control nowā€ warnings as well and still been able to re-enable BlueCruise. The only time I canā€™t re-enable BlueCruise is when I have a persistent issue with my driver facing camera but it throws an error when I try to turn it on saying the camera isnā€™t working, which requires a power cycle to fix.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Because of my habitual hand placement, I get told A LOT to watch the road. Always quiets down after I move my hands. It never gets all the way to shutting off on me.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Agree.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
On our F-150 and Mach-e warnings have never caused BC to not engage.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Could be the lines on the road are faded or driving into the sun

OP
OP
Valkyrie

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
Could be the lines on the road are faded or driving into the sun
No, this is on a freeway that I drive often in fair weather conditions (sun at my back) where hands free mode always engages. Sucks that while driving to or from work that this occasionally happens. Typically when I'm trying to adjust something on the middle screen.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
No, this is on a freeway that I drive often in fair weather conditions (sun at my back) where hands free mode always engages. Sucks that while driving to or from work that this occasionally happens. Typically when I'm trying to adjust something on the middle screen.
Hmm, weird. Maybe try a Sync reboot?

OP
OP
Valkyrie

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
Hmm, weird. Maybe try a Sync reboot?
Yep, I tried that too. I'm guessing the software is working as intended to get drivers to focus on the road during hands free mode. (/shrug)

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
My 2 cents: Some of us have had experiences where hands-free BC will decide to not engage for the entirety of a drive or even across multiple drives in a day, even on known BC-enabled roads and in clear conditions, etc. Sync reboot does not solve this problem, but usually it resolves itself after a day or so. This has happened to me a couple of times, but it's been at least 5 or 6 weeks since it last happened to me. There are threads about this here on the forum.

I've used hands-free BC for probably more than 3,000 miles over the last few months. I get warnings all the time while I'm fiddling with the touchscreen or other things, sometimes in quick succession, and it has never shown the behavior that OP has suggested (two strikes and you're out). I don't think it is designed this way.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Iā€™d say on average I do 400 miles a week with hands free BC so a lot of experience with it. Some days I get a little paranoid and I feel like Ford is testing me... One error that pops up for me is the driver facing camera fault where blue cruise throws a red warning to resume control with no orange warning first. If I donā€™t have a fast enough reaction time (ie less than 2 seconds or so) to hit the disengage button, the red alarm and noise stay stuck on until I pull over and restart the car.

Mostly joking about ford testing me.. only because I donā€™t think they have the programming skill to be able to set that up šŸ˜‚

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
I've had it happen. I also thought that it was a two strikes you're out rule until it happened at other times and BC would still work. I think it's just a rare glitch that pops up. On my 2021, even pre-BC, I would have to pull over and restart the car for lane centering to re-engage.

Interestingly enough, it does make me a "better driver" since I try not to have two strikes.

OP
OP
Valkyrie

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
After further reflection on this issue and your helpful posts above, it seems to be just a flaky Blue Cruise that just sometimes fails to initiate Hands Free mode on roads that are compatible.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
After further reflection on this issue and your helpful posts above, it seems to be just a flaky Blue Cruise that just sometimes fails to initiate Hands Free mode on roads that are compatible.
Agree. You would have to hit full lockout after getting resume control, jerked 3x, and having it slow to a crawl.
Sponsored