Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Thanks! This is the carbonized gray. Both rims and calipers powdercoated.
Ya. I remember the rims being done. I guessed that one cause I had the rims done on my wifes Range Rover. Nice to know on the calipers. But those are labor intensive, as another poster just said. I swear, I like that color. I could even change from Grabber Blue. The grey with the light interior would be the bomb. Thanks Kev. ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
powdercoating is the way
0BE054F9-772D-409C-83E2-DEC46D95C856.jpeg
Just as a side note. I just got off the phone with my dealer where I ordered my MME. YES, they can and will powdercoat my rims and my calipers. He said they do rims on many cars. But he want to check, just to be sure on the calipers, because of the REGEN braking. But he thinks it will be no problem. So, that takes care of another headache I would have had to deal with. I am thinking the Grabber Blue MME with Grabber Blue calipers might be pretty cool. I have plenty of time to think about it. ?

JGuske23

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD extended range
Occupation
Market manager
Country flag
Damn @JGuske23 that looks good too. Any suggestions for my Rapid Red? I was thinking of red calipers but feels like I could so something a bit more to make a statement (color matching isn’t a strong suit.)
Thanks man, yellow also looks excellent with red. Don't believe me, ask Ferrari haha. I definetly feel the Mach E has some Ferrari shooting brake vibes already.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
If you wanted to be subtle, but different, Battleship Gray. Want to stand out, Teal Blue. According to they folks that did mine (Grabber Blue), give them the color code and they can match it (there was a $30 add-on for mixing a custom color).

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If you wanted to be subtle, but different, Battleship Gray. Want to stand out, Teal Blue. According to they folks that did mine (Grabber Blue), give them the color code and they can match it (there was a $30 add-on for mixing a custom color).
Would you mind posting a picture of yours please, sounds nice. OT a bit, my dad served on the battleship the U.S S. Pennsylvania at Pearl Harbor, theres a guy would sure like battleship gray. Cool ideas. Thank you. ?

Tarynem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium (pending)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'm most definitely having my calipers painted. Haven't gotten my MME yet but I think. Black calipers on a DMG Premium would compliment the color scheme. Orange is another alternative.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Would you mind posting a picture of yours please, sounds nice. OT a bit, my dad served on the battleship the U.S S. Pennsylvania at Pearl Harbor, theres a guy would sure like battleship gray. Cool ideas. Thank you. ?
Here is my Grabber Blue caliper
Ford Mustang Mach-E Brake caliper colors IMG_3549
paint job.

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Here is my Grabber Blue caliper
Ford Mustang Mach-E Brake caliper colors IMG_3549
paint job.
Larry. Thank you sir. You know, I ordered my MME in Grabber Blue, ""I think" I might do the calipers the same. In particualar cause I am getting the rims powdercoated black. NOW SIR, and you knew I would ask this. Tell me about them sweet detail stripes on the side. ? much appreciated.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Here is the thread where I list all the gory details of my journey and all suppliers are named. Probably some links and prices further down. Here is a link to the stripe folks. Located in Europe, so shipping is pretty hefty ($30-40). I highly advise paying a pro do the stripes. I did mine and discovered curse words I thought I'd forgotten! Any graphics place should be able to do it for $100 or less. Also - you can work with their staff directly and make changes to the design or create your own! Good luck and let me know if I can be of anymore help. This forum is a wonderful resource! https://autodesign.shop/collections...-e-graphic-side-stripes-for-ford-mustang-2021

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
L
Here is the thread where I list all the gory details of my journey and all suppliers are named. Probably some links and prices further down. Here is a link to the stripe folks. Located in Europe, so shipping is pretty hefty ($30-40). I highly advise paying a pro do the stripes. I did mine and discovered curse words I thought I'd forgotten! Any graphics place should be able to do it for $100 or less. Also - you can work with their staff directly and make changes to the design or create your own! Good luck and let me know if I can be of anymore help. This forum is a wonderful resource! https://autodesign.shop/collections...-e-graphic-side-stripes-for-ford-mustang-2021
Larry. Thanks, very tastefull how you did those. And yes. Its a great resource here. Now all I need is my MME. ?

shberry

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'69 Camaro SS/RS, MME Premium ER-AWD (someday)
Occupation
Math Tutor
Country flag
So my restoration guy suggested that it might be cheaper to buy after market red calipers and have them installed vs. powerdercoating. Thoughts? How would someone source them?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So my restoration guy suggested that it might be cheaper to buy after market red calipers and have them installed vs. powerdercoating. Thoughts? How would someone source them?
Since powder coating requires full disassembly and cleaning, I do not doubt that. Why not just clean, mask, and paint? Use a decent quality engine paint and clear. I used to use Imron and that would look great and last, but it’s not legal to sell any more (and hasn’t been for a loooonnnnng time).

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag