JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I like the red brake calipers on the GT but it wouldn't go with my color choice.
I know the history of why red and the thoughts on color matching vs contrast but I just don't think red and infinite blue look good together (maybe why it's not a GT color option haha).
So I was exploring my options and flirting with the idea of upgrade to GT. Not going to upgrade for a variety of reasons that I've covered elsewhere*
Found MGP brake caliper covers which seem like a good solution - link here
They're aluminium, not plastic, and act as a heat sink. So it's a cosmetic upgrade that could elongate the life of your parts.
I'm not attempting to 'trick' people into thinking I have a GT when I don't. Personally I think it's lame/poser-ish when you put aftermarket pieces on to insinuate you have a higher spec than you do.

Does anyone have experience with these?
Are you tempted by them yourself?
Do you think these 'fake' calipers are an abomination?

Interested to hear your thoughts. But just a side note for anyone in camp #3, the GT brake calipers are painted red. Is painting impersonating brembo brakes? Therefore they are 'fake'?.

* but feel free to ask if interested.
Sponsored

Last edited:

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I personally think modifying your vehicle is part of what car people do. Lot's of Mustangs have modifications, I don't know why the Mach-E would be any different.

The red painted calipers are on the FE and GT (and Euro specs too). I'm saving this site and will look them up once my Mach-E arrives to see what's available. I think the red calipers will really look nice with my Rapid Red paint and be better than the plain silver caliper color (no paint).

PS20221

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Fe, ordered MME premium, x rwd, in carbonized grey
Country flag
I like them! I would like to see what my carbonized grey looks like in person before committing to a color. I’m saving the link too. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good shout on FE and Euro. I omitted them since they weren't options to myself but good point of clarification.

Also a point I found in the FAQs that I thought was worth including:
"WILL INSTALLING CALIPER COVERS VOID THE MANUFACTURER’S FACTORY WARRANTY?
No, installing caliper covers will not void your manufacturer’s factory warranty. We work directly with the manufacturers on the development of the caliper covers to ensure safety and durability. MGP Caliper Covers can be removed just as easy as it is to install."

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
Liking them too. I’m in uk and had to change my car to RWD version with extended battery which gave me more tech but meant I lost out on red calipers, smaller alloys (18” instead of 19’sj and couple other minor cosmetic changes. This solves problem 1. Re alloys I’ll look to change them at later date if Ford UK don’t give me option to upgrade when firming up order (which is prob unlikely)

OP
OP

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Let's hope someone in/near to San Diego can go and lend their MME for the 3D scans and measurements. They tell me if you're first to help them develop them you get em for free!

https://www.calipercovers.com/vehicle-requests

If not, they'll probably work with a dealer nearby to lend a vehicle for the measurements

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I’m personally very interested in doing this with my Premium Mach e. Since grabber blue wasn’t an option, I ended up (reluctantly) choosing star white. I think grabber blue caliper covers would add that color pop I think I’m missing.
Any updates on this MGP company?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I’m personally very interested in doing this with my Premium Mach e. Since grabber blue wasn’t an option, I ended up (reluctantly) choosing star white. I think grabber blue caliper covers would add that color pop I think I’m missing.
Any updates on this MGP company?
Someone in the San Diego Area needs to get in touch with them for measurements so MGP can develop Mach-e appropriate covers. The link is on their website.

Planning on a set for my IB MME.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
IMO brake calipers are a necessary evil. If given the choice, I'd take black every day of the week- even though my Shelby has bright red Wilwoods. Since it's a one-of-one car, I'm not inclined to change them.

A cover is truly an abomination.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I actually had them on my old Mustang for a bit before I sold them. I thought they looked really tacky, and personally, I would not do it again.
I got them in black instead of red.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I may paint the ones on my premium, the process went well on the turbo bug my wife had years ago (black with silver car.) Not concerned with "authenticity," just think the look is more premium than plain silver.

OP
OP

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Someone in the San Diego Area needs to get in touch with them for measurements so MGP can develop Mach-e appropriate covers. The link is on their website.

Planning on a set for my IB MME.
what color are you going with? I thought about blue but figure it’ll make IB look more plain/silver so maybe color matching instead.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
what color are you going with? I thought about blue but figure it’ll make IB look more plain/silver so maybe color matching instead.
Yeah, you can’t do blue on IB. Red is an obvious choice. I also think yellow and orange would look stunning, being opposite the color wheel from Blue.

OP
OP

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, you can’t do blue on IB. Red is an obvious choice. I also think yellow and orange would look stunning, being opposite the color wheel from Blue.
I was erring towards yellow too on same logic
Sponsored