Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
So I finally got my MME today. And as I’m test driving it before signing the paperwork, I tell my wife the brakes will be grabby and go to show her and low and behold, they were super smooth. I’d be curious to know if that was part of the OTA or a recent update in some form from Ford?

Also for fun, I put the MME in unbridled mode and gunned it onto the interstate and my wife actually yelled she was so shocked.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
From what I heard they are most jumpy with one pedal unbridled mode. Is it possible you were in that previously and it a different mode when you tried to demonstrate? What mode were you in when they were "jumpy"?

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I've found them to be good.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Is there a difference between “jumpy” and “grabby?”

I would describe mine as grabby, not jumpy ??‍♂

OP
OP
wareagle1440

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Is there a difference between “jumpy” and “grabby?”

I would describe mine as grabby, not jumpy ??‍♂
For what I was trying to convey they are one in the same.

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I've had mine for 3 days now and put about 200 miles on it so far. The breaks are just fine on mine. The only time I felt they were a bit "grabby" is when the computer is controlling them in stop and go traffic.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
I don't know if I'm successfully avoiding the friction brakes or not, because I don't really feel anything other than aggressive deceleration in Unbridled mode. Honestly, I don't need one pedal driving or need the L, because it's so nice as it is.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
It for sure is only a problem if you one pedal drive. It's because it's really designed to start with regenerative braking, but if you have 1pd on when you go to the brake pedal it's all mechanical to start with. Which is weird.

1pd is weird.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
if you have 1pd on when you go to the brake pedal it's all mechanical to start with.
Not really. When you use the brake pedal, the car starts with regen and automatically blends in the friction brakes when needed. This is the case regardless of drive mode. But if you have 1PD enabled, you’ve already got heavy regen before your foot can even get to the brake pedal.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Not really. When you use the brake pedal, the car starts with regen and automatically blends in the friction brakes when needed. This is the case regardless of drive mode. But if you have 1PD enabled, you’ve already got heavy regen before your foot can even get to the brake pedal.
so if you have 1pd enabled, when you take your foot off the accelerator you don't have the max regen? That sounds wrong

OP
OP
wareagle1440

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So to be clear, I was in whisper mode, in 1PD, and after i let off the accelerator, I immediately hit the brakes. In my test drive when I did this, I experienced what everyone said in terms of how grabby the brakes were (although admittedly I am unsure if the drive mode when I did this on my test drive). However yesterday when testing out my vehicle before purchase the brakes weren’t grabby at all. I was very surprised by this as I expected the car to jerk and it blended with the regen perfectly.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I too remember the brakes being very grabby on my test drive. But having picked up my car last week, they seem much better. I really have no problem. I don't know if the software driving the brakes has improved, or perhaps I have learned how to better operate them.
Sponsored